“Exactly what I'd hoped for”

Review of Downview Farm

The Conservatory / Games Room
Dinning Room
Red Room
Family Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 40 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
DottyAB
“Exactly what I'd hoped for”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We went along for my sisters 30th birthday & had a lovely time. The house was stunning, clean & set in a lovely location. Felt incredibly homely while also luxurious. Particularly loved the swimming pool & hot tub.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jennabark...
Southampton, United Kingdom
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

From the start Lucy was accommodating and helpful in organising. The house its self if beautiful, clean, tidy. Matt did a great job of showing us around on arrival. and little touches like welcome tea and cake were lovely.

I stayed for my 30th birthday, had the best time. The pool is well maintained and hot tub was delightful!

Can't recommend enough.

Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
jean t
“Fantastic celebration weekend”
Reviewed 13 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Thanks Lucy and Matt for the warm welcome to Downview Farm. The house was very tastefully decorated and all facilities were as described. Loved the added touch of a beautiful Christmas Tree in the lounge. There were a couple of very minor things that needed attention, but for a holiday home what do you expect! We visited the local pub and got a friendly welcome, and some good food. Walked to Milton Abbas, using Matt's rough sketch which was very helpful, but it did take longer than the 20 mins stated on website though. Great swimming pool and hot tub, but games room a bit chilly and pool table could do with some chalk for the cues. Wifi would have been helpful. We used Andrew James catering for a celebration meal on Saturday night which was fantastic, great food and professional service. Would definately recommend this property and we hope to return again soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool & hot tub
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
shazholid...
Bognor Regis West Sussex
“Great Party House, but house has a few maintenance issues”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Great lay out and lovely pool and hot tub. House Looking a tad tired. A few maintenance issues need to be sorted - Showers not running very well, TV only tunes on to channel 5 ,cooker very hard to light, mainly small issues . One of the double bedrooms was very small. On a positive note the gardens were very nice, the games room, lounge and dinning room were a good size. Its set in a very nice village with an excellent pub down the road. I would recommend booking, It was a lovely break and a fun house just needs a bit of a freshen up

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Swimming Pool and Hot Tub
Liked least: Cooker it needs mending
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
parapet
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Please read 2star as well as other reviews”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Be aware. Wonderful pool, hot tub and garden, but the house left much to be desired. One shower was out of use, another a poor trickle, leaving one good shower between 11 of us. The property was not thoroughly clean on arrival and rotting food rubbish was left in the bin from the last occupants. No guest towels were provided although described in the booking information . There was no hairdryer and the TV didn’t work well. The gas hob also did not work properly. The property is no longer registered with Visit England but shows a 5 star rating outside. Downstairs bed is low and some other rooms are a bit small for double. Despite good features, we would not recommend this property at all.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Sep 2014
The shower was out of use in the Pool area .
Guests were informed of this .
The main Valve had gone and the plumber who had been called that day to repair it , did not have the part it had to be ordered as we provide upmarket showers not something that can be collected form homebase.
The showers in house were just a tickle , because the guests had at somepoint turned off the pump which works the water pressure.
We do state very clearly on our booking forms and Website that POOL and Bath towels are not provided.
We state clearly what we do and do not provide .
Hairdryers we do not.
There is absolutely Nothing wrong with the Television and we are very confused at this comment?
Cleanliness .
I can assure you that we are completely fussy about our property .
The property is immaculate for ALL our guests arrivals .
The rotting food in the bin was my apple core that I had eaten whilst awaiting your arrival.
I do remember my Partner greeting you , and arriving home so upset and insulted I had to take control.
I was shouted at in my face , for lack of towels, which I had informed you about over the phone the previous day ? Also the Hairdryer .
I deal with the public all the time , rarely am I spoken to like that !
We provide a Beautiful , Clean Hoilday Let and our Team of 7 work very hard every Friday to ensure you the very best .
Sometimes things do break down , they do not give us notice, it just happens.
We do all we can to repair things as quickly as we can.
I am sorry that you did not have a good time .
I would like to offer our appologies .
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing