“A 'Must' Visit If You Enjoy Your Cake! ........”
Review of Angels

Angels
Ranked #20 of 346 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$10 - US$37
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A little taste of heaven in a beautiful part of Devon! Angels is a perfect place for Devonshire Cream Tea looking onto the seafront in Babbacombe. Very popular with the locals and recommended to holiday makers.
“A 'Must' Visit If You Enjoy Your Cake! ........”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I visited Angels this afternoon. We went on the recommendation of our guest house landlady. Really can't rate it highly enough. A lovely setting, good service and most importantly the cakes and scones are absolutely yum. My wife actually gave the scones a 10/10 which is high praise indeed. We are staying in Torquay for another few days and will have to revisit Angels for one more treat before heading home....Be rude not too!

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Lovely for Summer Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Limited seating inside - very busy when nice weather. Good food and lovely cream teas!

Brixham
“Love it”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Angels must serve the best cream tea anywhere, you can even have different flavoured scones - I love the ginger ones mmm..... It's not always easy to get a seat in the summer as its so popular but you can book and reserve a table.

romford
“lovely place”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

food and staff really good would go again.the view is also great.

Visited December 2011
blackpool
“The best cream tea in Devon!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

What a fabulous place for a cream tea or cakes etc. It is like stepping back in time. I have to say I have never visited a tearoom before where I have been asked if I have booked a table! But what a busy little place. Full of charm and ladies that lunch out of season and I imagine crammed with tourists in season. The tearoom is themed with 'Angel' memorabilia of all kinds which is rather cute and not as twee as it sounds. Lace tablecloths, charmingly mismatched china tea services. real leaf tea with a tea strainer, and wonderful cream teas with hot scones really make this tearoom a place not to be missed - I felt I had stepped back into a famous five or an Agatha Christie novel. I loved it from start to finish. Even my hubby who is a big burly man gave in to it's charm and drank his tea from dainty bone china cups with saucers. I also observed various forms of hot food being served and noticed wonderful looking cakes on display. Cream tea for two cost just over £7 - excellent value.If you are in Babbacome do not miss this wonderful place!

Visited February 2012