“A relaxing home from home experience in a good...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of St George cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Claire D
London, United Kingdom
“A relaxing home from home experience in a good location.”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

After a four day stay to get away from the city, I did leave St George’s wondering if I should exchange my London for flat for a little house like this by the sea.
Two en-suite bedrooms with plush carpets, feather pillows, super comfy beds, soft linens and fluffy towels. Excellent stand alone shower in one bathroom and a corner bath in the other.
The clever smoke free fire in the front lounge made for cosy evenings and plenty of smart lighting throughout the house meant I was never lacking for a spot to sit and read. The kitchen was also well equipped.
There was a greater level of quality detailing than was necessary (wooden hangers in the wardrobes, thick bathmats, milk jug) which made the experience feel wonderfully indulgent rather than functional.
The location near a lovely path overlooking the sea was good for relaxing strolls and there are many places to eat and drink within 5 minutes of walking. I did try (and like) the fish and chips. I also enjoyed feeling like a maiden English Aunt by ordering an afternoon cream tea in the twee, dated surrounds of Angels. It was excellent.
All in all, the kind of home I’d like to live in if I were a lady of leisure - so it was good to pretend as much for a few days.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
26 Nov 2015
It was a pleasure to welcome Claire and friend to our cottage. I keep adding to the cottage in the hope that it will continue to delight!
Vernon S...
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Very Comfy home from home with all you could want nearby.”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I and our little dog stayed here for a week in Oct 15. We found this delightful cottage to be all that we wanted and more, and the owners went out of their way to meet our needs. There are so many interesting places to visit nearby and lovely dog walks. Dartmouth for example via the Steam railway and Ferry is a must, and the Crab Shack on Back Beach Teignmouth is terrific for mouth watering seafood. A walk round the pretty village of Shaldon is a delight with lovely dog friendly tea rooms on the front by the sea. All in all we had a lovely week and will definitely go back as there is so much more of interest to see and do that we hav`nt done yet.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: very convenient for exploring the area
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
26 Oct 2015
I am delighted the cottage met with approval. This is our first review for this cottage and I hope to collect many more.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing