“Outstanding seafood and atmosphere”

Number 7 Fish Bistro
Ranked #10 of 366 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$17 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Have now visited the Bistro a number of times. It just gets better and better.
The inclusion of the wine bar upstairs is a super touch.
Staff are friendly and attentive and know their fish.
They explain all the dishes and where the fish has come from...virtually all local.

Not to be missed good for a romantic occasion

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant and the fact they are always busy supports this.
They have a great selection of fish, which is always fresh and cooked to perfection.
Service is excellent.
The portion size (of the fish) is just right, although the quantity of vegetables is somewhat small.
There is sufficient choice of desserts but, again, the portion size isn’t particularly generous. I had a dessert that came with clotted cream - a scant teaspoon full, which was disappointing.
The restaurant is not cheap, by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s still a great venue for a special occasion.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We passed the Elephant, looked in the window and kept walking up the hill. From press I've read since this may have been our first mistake,

We went into No 7. It's a pleasant interior and it was pretty busy on a weekday lunch time. This is one of those place that has several menus, and a chalkboard and says that there's lots of flexibility - the mind spins. Too many choices.

We chose the 'Tapas' menu together with a glass of sherry. The sherry was pleasant the tapas rather predictable. Nothing stood out. It wasn't bad it just wasn't memorable.

The young man who served us was - let's say informal. I'm old school, I want my waiter french style, someone who knows the menu backwards and doesn't treat me as my friend.

Perhaps it was the winter season. Maybe it was the weekday luncheon. But from what we could see the Chef spent all of his time talking to some friends on a table behind us. Perhaps things would have been more memorable if he had been in the kitchen?

1  Thank PhileasFoggontour
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We have been using this restaurant for the past 5 years, the quality of the food and service has consistently been very good with never a substandard meal. The staff are welcoming and have a good understanding of the dishes on offer, all of which have been cooked to a excellent standard. Any restaurant where you have book a table midweek in November / December must be getting it right!

If I have one small criticism then it would be that the mark up on the wines is a little greedy.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

My husband and I went with my father and stepmother for a celebratory dinner. The staff were very accommodating, and the perch especially delicious. We plan to return in the new year to try the bar upstairs too!