All reviewsgold roomcinema roomoutdoor pool and jacuzziwest wingpatio roomlovely hotelstandard roomsteep hillrecommend this hotelthe main hotelhigh standardevening entertainmentevery member of staffthree starbuffet breakfastfirst classthree nights
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent four relaxing nights here. The staff were friendly, polite, attentive and always eager to inquire about our day and help in any way possible. The breakfast menu was varied and suited all tastes. I especially liked the porridge and toppings. The restaurant was good value and the food freshly prepared and of a high standard. Again the service was attentive and of a very high standard. The swimming pool and jacuzzi, although small, was a welcome addition. The lounge areas were luxuriously decorated for Christmas and the real fire a lovely addition on a cold night. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk of the harbour. We would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing break.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nev C
BrettandJo, Owner at Lincombe Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We pride ourselves on our great staff here at Lincombe, the majority of them have been with us for a long time and they take great pride in ensuring our guests stay is perfect. All our food is locally sourced and freshly prepared on site each day and of a very high standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed 5 days at this delightful hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. At first, I was a little underwhelmed with the small size of the room, not much room for our cases and stuff, however, after moving things around (and we could always have asked for a larger room, or ask the staff to move the chairs out), we soon settled in, and quickly I grew to love that room, cosy and very warm, as it was freezing outside, very comfy bed, powerful shower.
The cleanliness was 10/10, the staff were great, nothing was too much trouble, the lounge with the welcoming fire in the evening was lovely, and the evening entertainment was good too, if you like that type of entertainment, as we do. We didn’t eat dinner, but the menu looked very nice.
We didn’t bother with breakfast for the first 3 mornings, as we weren’t hungry, however, what a mistake that was, as when we eventually tried it on our second last morning, it was superb, everything was so fresh and tasty.
This is an excellent hotel and such a lovely elegant handsome building, lots of parking, very near the shops and restaurants, but, no lift, if you need one, so best to call them direct, to book a room, as they will make sure you are not placed in a room which necessitates lots of walking up stairs.
Also, it is a steep walk back from the local shops, so my hubby drove or we took cabs, which are really very inexpensive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Plenty of car parking, really nice greeting at reception where we were given useful hotel information and made to feel welcome, then taken to our room by the receptionist.
I had booked a small room as it was cheaper and only for one night. It was small but perfectly acceptable, clean and comfortable. The bar and lounge were decorated for xmas and looked lovely with an open fire as well. Bar staff very nice. Short walk to the harbour so ideal for us. Breakfast was very well organised with all staff very friendly and efficient. Upon leaving we were asked if all was well and you got the feeling they really did care if you were happy with your stay. I was happy, this is a very well run hotel in a good location for the town with much better parking than The Grand or the Imperial where I have also stayed recently.

Room Tip: No traffic or street noise here but quite a sprawling building with rooms of all shapes and sizes, rooms stated as small are small!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Quite simply a fantastic hotel. The public spaces are very well decorated keeping the original features of the period hotel however adding a modern take. Staff were just excellent - really friendly and couldn’t do enough to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast was superb, again the restaurant was so well presented especially with the Christmas decorations. Rooms had recently been refurbished and albeit we had a standard room we had a super king bed and size of room was very acceptable - shower kept on going hot & cold though (my only criticism). Pricing of drinks, food and rooms was very reasonable. Thank you for a lovely stay - and my wife and I will be back

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I now realise that we've stayed in lots of good hotels over the years but the Lincombe Hall has shown me what a great hotel looks and feels like.

It's a lovely hotel that was dressed to charm with glitzy and tasteful Christmas decorations throughout. We booked for a birthday break and were offered a lovely Gold room with great facilities. Hotel is in a great location for town and seafront, with plenty of parking. Hotel has regular entertainment and good public areas all. Dry well kept.

Others have said it in other reviews but for me it is the staff and the food that make place this stand out from the crowd. I have stayed in other big name hotels in Torquay but this is the place to be. It's still a bit of a secret and whilst I would like to keep it that way it does deserve your visit too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple