All reviews within easy walking distance hospitality tray dining room single room lots of choice every morning enjoyable stay first class vicki hosts seafront
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I decided to book this BnB due to its great reviews and I have to say both myself (Julie) and husband Ian were very pleased. The room was lovely, bright and cleaned to a high standard. The complimentary shampoo, body wash and hand wash were great, as was the coffee and tea making facilities. The breakfast was superb and the friendly atmosphere from owners was second to none! We will definitely be visiting again!
Any bad reviews should be ignored as this is a great place to stay!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Victoria_220714, Owner at Melba House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thanks so much Jules for your great review. It was lovely to meet you both and we hope to see you again soon, Vicki and Steve

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Vicky was fantastic. Hotel is clean, comfortable, bright, fresh, charming, well equipped and homely. Breakfast was delicious and good quality with everything you could wish for. Grilled on-vine tomatoes and a ramekin of beans made it a little bit special. In the room you have tea coffee biscuits shampoo shower gel cotton buds. Attention to detail was perfect. Will be going back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Victoria_220714, Owner at Melba House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you both and we hope to see you again soon, Vicki

Reviewed 19 July 2015

We arrived at the hotel without a booking on Monday 6th July and although Vicky hadn't planned on opening until the Tuesday and was in a little bit of a mess she still welcomed us in & offered us a lovely double room for two nights if we could cope with the mess (which wasn't a mess at all) which we accepted and by breakfast everything was back to normal. the room we had was lovely & clean overlooking the cricket pitch. The bathroom had all the extras you would expect & a little more besides. Our breakfasts were delicious & nothing was too much trouble. Vicky was delightful & friendly and very welcoming and we will certainly be returning if we are ever in Torquay again

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia B
Victoria_220714, Owner at Melba House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Sorry you caught us at the end of decorating! Thank you for your lovely review, it was so nice to meet you both and we hope to see you again soon, Vicki

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I have just had my second enjoyable and relaxing stay at the Melba House Hotel. The cooked breakfast was delicious and I loved the newly refurbished dining room, which looks extremely stylish. I was very impressed by the lovely little ramekins for jams and marmalade at the breakfast tables.
My double room was luxurious and the hostess, Vicki, always goes the extra mile with attractive little pots in the bathroom, filled with cotton wool pads and Q tips.
I had to leave early this time and was prepared to miss my breakfast but as usual nothing was too much trouble and Vicki kindly cooked me the usual high quality breakfast. She and Steve are always so friendly and helpful.
I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with ensuite
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Thank you John for your kind review. It was very nice to see you again and we hope to see you again soon, VIcki

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Warm and friendly greeting from Vicki who went out of her way to make sure we had a memorable stay. Delicious breakfast with plenty of choice, really comfortable bed in a very clean and tidy bedroom. Great view from the window as well as the dining room. Close to the seafront and the Harbour and Vicki was a mine of local information on where to go and where to eat all within walking distance. Overall a memorable experience and looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Victoria_220714, Owner at Melba House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Many thanks Patricia for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you and we hope you'll be back soon, Vicki