“Never again”
Review of The Heritage Hotel

The Heritage Hotel
Ranked #115 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Booked for 2 nights for work, only able to stay for 1 due to the really poor room that I had.
Arrived after 8pm and unable to park at the hotel, luckily there is a big public car park next door. Then I had to negotiate the drunken revellers to get to the reception which is not manned. This was a bit disconcerting for a female travelling alone.
The room I was given was terrible, it overlooked a brick wall and very noisy road, so I had to choose between being extremely hot with the window closed to suffering lots of noise with it open. There was no chair in the room so sitting on the bed was the only option. The door didn't close completely which put a strain on the latch lock which had clearly been repaired a number of times, again did not feel completely safe with me being on my own. I could go on and on about the room but terrible sums it up.
Trying to find a positive - the location is good for the sea front, you can walk to that quite easily. But that would be it. Never again says it all for me.

Room Tip: Room 18 is awful, overlooks the road.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I stayed one night in a large room, rather an apartment, with only one window. However, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice and clean. I slept as baby. The breakfast was very basic, however, the very nice lady at the bar cooked me a decent omelet for a symbolic charge.

Room Tip: Take upper floor with a sea view, and don't arrive late - the bar will be closed and you may str...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2016

On arrival I had to make my way to the bar area as there was no one manning reception at 3pm. I enquired at the pool and was informed there was a charge to use and could only be used at specific times and the hot tub was no longer in use, "as it's more trouble than what it's worth". I was disappointed as this was one of the facilities I looked for when originally booking and therefore paid a little extra than I usually would.
The room itself was very spacious, however it was overlooked by drinkers in the bar area. So I had to close the curtains when changing, even though it was stifling hot outside Also it took a good 5 minutes to unlock the door, as the key just wouldn't turn.
The bar closed at 11pm and I was hoping to get a decent night sleep, however this was not the case, as the majority of people returned back to their rooms from 1am onwards right through to 4am.
So I had constant taxis pulling up outside my room, sounding the horns. In addition the doors to rooms are not soft closing, so again was woken by constant banging of doors. Then to top it off the room above me had creaky floorboards which I found out at 3am!
Furthermore the walls must be paper thin as all I could hear was the guest in the next room snoring. At 4am I gave up on any sleep at all and decided to pack my bag and leave and miss the "continental breakfast".
The only positive comment I have are the sea views are amazing and that is literally the only thing.
For information I stayed in Room 9.
Finally I would like to mention that when I made the original booking I requested a quiet room, so therefore would have thought it would be best to put me on the top floor to at least escape the creaky floorboards above.
I would not recommend this hotel for peace, quiet or any stay over 1 night if at all.
It's a shame really as the place has so much potential but personally I think a good B&B offers more value for money.

Room Tip: Creaky floor boards above room 9 - sleep quality zero
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank pimms29
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We love Torquay, mum for the relaxation me for the shops- but we love the views. This was the first time we used this hotel and staff were lovely, food was excellent, hotel was very conveniently located close to the town and amenities eg Princess Theatre and beach.....but it did appear to be aimed at a younger guests. The room was spacious with a kitchen (?), lovely views of the beach, cleaned daily and although non-smoking the room next door definitely smoked as when windows were open it drifted in. We had breakfast included and can't fault the food at all.

Room Tip: It is a very lively place at weekends so you can expect a little noise but it's not disruptive.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveller45_11
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I've just returned from a great holiday at The Heritage Hotel Torquay.Everything about the hotel was fantastic especially the staff.Lee,Domonic,Paul and all there staff are superb and have everything organised to a tee.Andy and his colleagues cook superb food.The rooms are so good with great sea view rooms and cleaned and maintained so well.I can't wait to stay there again

Stayed: May 2016