“Not very nice”

Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I had previously had a really tasty takeaway from this restaurant( albeit that was about two years ago) so, decided to give it a go again.
First black mark was the bill was added up on a calculator and not itemised.
The manager seemed to prefer cash as apposed to card so off I went to the cash point.
To be fair I didn't have to wait that long for my order and the two young waitresses were delightful.
However, the food was just awful.
My partners Korma was so sickly sweet, and the king prawns in my chosen dish were too tough to eat.
The coconut rice didn't taste of coconut at all, the Peshwari Nan was the worst I've ever tried.
Has this place changed hands?
Sorry, but I won't be returning.

5  Thank michele w

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Always very good food whether I have eaten I or had takeaway. Have organised two separate men's evenings, one night there was 20 of us and the other 12 men and both occasions all men left belly full and happy with the food they had.

I am surprised at the poor marks on here. Under former owners and with the current team I have no complaints. I always recommend Himalaya to friends looking for a good quality curry.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Rang the restaurant 10 minutes before getting there to check they had spaces, they said yes so we headed over, went in and there was only us and one other table in there. Five of us were sat down and given drinks and poppadoms fairly quickly, 2 of us ordered starters and asked for them to come asap and ordered mains then aswell. 40 minutes later and the 2 starters still hadn't arrived as they seemed to be prioritising takeaways over the restaurant. Service was terrible, starters finally arrived, but mains didn't arrive for almost another hour and when it did one of the items was missing to had to ask for that.

Also asked for more drinks but as they were about to get them the phone rang and they completely forgot about us.
Food was good, goat curry was amazing but those of us who had chicken were disappointed, it tasted as though it had been cooked from frozen, giving it the texture of uncooked chicken tho it wasnt pink inside.
If the service was better then would have been a lovely experience.

2  Thank Sarah U
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

One hour and forty minutes after arriving to a restaurant that had only three tables occupied we still had not any food!!

I really don't mind what the food taste like it would be nice to taste it.

This is very bad, take away customers seem to have priority!!! Rubbish

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

An hour and twenty minutes after entering the restaurant we have not received out main course our starter only arrived after we threaten to leave after an hour. The restaurant is not particular busy there is no excuse. I can't comment about the food but this is unacceptable

1  Thank AB1957