1,271 results
All reviews games room starlight lounge ten pin bowling aztec bistro entertainment team kb sounds alberts bar indoor bowls other hotels tlh group star hotel land train family hotel kids club evening entertainment table tennis leisure facilities
Reviewed 13 November 2016

For the price it was very nice, it's situated just by the town and is a nice walk down and back up. The food was fairly good, with many options however on some of the nights the vegetarian options were quite weak. Cheese and Broccoli isn't a main dish in my opinion. The Swimming pool was very good, and the other facilities were also great. Beds were slightly uncomfortable, but weren't unbearable. We went for my Grandparents anniversary and the receptions gave them a present, and were very welcoming to my Grandfather who is disabled and they were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Callumo123
jgarside, General Manager at TLH Derwent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you for posting your review. I have noted your comment regarding vegetarian options. Kind regards

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Stayed Monday to Friday for turkey and tinsel. Good room comfy bed. Tea and coffee making facilities. Good shower and towels. Buffet breakfast cereals, fruit and hot choices eggs , bacon and sausage, fried bread. Dinner could pick from menu and be served at table or pick from buffet. Friendly helpful staff in dining room Bryony was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Anthony W

Thank you for your review. Merry Christmas !

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here from Sunday to Friday. My experience of hotels is virtually nil apart from London Theatre weekends. There were 4 in our party with 3 rooms, rooms were comfortable and cleaned everyday. I personally didn't like a shower curtain in the over bath shower, a screen would be much better, but this was a minor problem. We were celebrating my friends 60th birthday he enjoyed his stay immensely. We opted for bed breakfast and evening meal and the price for this was excellent. The food was quite good, but of course you are tied to restaurant opening times. We enjoyed the Aztec Bistro and on our last night we ate there, the food was excellent and made a welcome change from the restaurant, also the Staff in the Bistro are really cheerful and helpful. My steak was cooked to perfection as was my friends. The only criticism I would have is that the outside smoking area outside the bistro does not have heaters. I know we're a dying minority but do we deserve to Freeze. Also Alberts bar was good, it was somewhere to go to get away from the Christmas theme. All in all very impressed.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrisdavis1957

Thank you for posting your review. Kind regards

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Family weekend away, we had 2 rooms. We were in a family room which was ok, the beds were a bit worn. The grandparents were in a much better room and they thought it was great. Food was excellent, I had no complaints. Swimming pool is also really good and my kids love the games room. Great location we visit every year if we can.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2016

absolutely brilliant holiday. lovely complex . entertainment. top class . food. really good .
really nice big room . with all facilities . chamber maid . very efficient . restaurant .1st rate
waiting staff .faultless . we had a brilliant holiday at this complex..but there are some sections I could not recommend for disabled people .

Room Tip: not sure . never heard anyone complain about there room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alandavis_12

Thank you for your review.