All reviews aztec spa spa weekend line dance aztec bistro evening entertainment leisure complex soft play starlight lounge games room other hotels outdoor pool restaurant staff family room ten pin bowling great facilities buffet style dining room
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Was looking for somewhere in Torquay for a two night weekend break (harder than it looks the weekend schools break up). After finding this hotel rang up the reservations department where Kyle was very helpful and one of the reasons we ended up booking.

On arrival the hotel had everything you could want for a weekend escape without even leaving the hotel. More importantly for us it was still within walking distance of town.

It was really everything you could ask for and we were very happy with what we got for thr price we paid (which you cant say about a lot of big hotels these days).

I think the easiest way to describe this hotel was that while we were sat outside on the terrace enjoying a beer in the sun we concluded that you could quite easily pick up the complex and pop it down in Majorca and it wouldnt be out of place.

All the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was plentiful.

We will be back.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank GFUNK303
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Just a night spent in the Carlton for a trip away reminded me how much I love this resort. The room was clean and we were extremely pleased that it had a fan in the room! As it was only booked the evening before we were pleasantly surprised at it's location within the hotel.
The hotel has undergone some renovations since last August and they just add to the appeal.
The breakfast the following morning did not disappoint either. Self service buffet breakfast catered for everybody. I particularly liked the coffee machine!
We have tried every hotel except for the Toorak, but there is time!!
I want to say a special thankyou to the ladies on front desk as they were very welcoming (1pm 18/07/15).

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happytilmademad
Reviewed 16 July 2015

My elderly parents where holidaying torquay at another hotel, my mum has memory issues and became lost in the town unable to remember what hotel they where booked into, she wandered into the Carlton Hotel looking for help, confused and vunerable, Nikki at the Carlton took her in, offered assistance, comforted her and contacted me and kept my mum calm and safe, after i frantically called ALL the hotels in the local area trying to find their hotel and unable to contact my father on his mobile phone i received a phone call... Nikki had calmly took my mum for a walk the way she had arrived to try and jog her memory as to where she ws staying and sure enough my mum recognised her hotel and was reunited with my dad...

Ive personally worked in the service industry for years and this service and care that was given by Nikki and the staff at the Carlton Hotel was above and beyond the call of duty...

Myself and my family can only offer our deepest gratitude and thanks for the assistance of the staff at the Carlton.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Good clean room with crisp linen,well appointed bathroom, welcome tray. Very good restaurant waiting staff, great meals including a wonderful breakfast. An excellent dance hotel with ballroom, function room and fitness room, with an outdoor area, spa, inside and outside pools. Hotel car park is limited for its popularity. Short walk to sea and local shops are around the corner. We'll be back, I hope

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank hathorchick
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We booked last minute as we we come here quite often and to our surprise there was a room, which is always clean and tidy! All staff we came across was so friendly and helpful especially the manager of the bistro who made you feel relaxed and welcomed. The food was outstanding we recommend steaks to everyone it was the best we have ever had. We enjoyed our stay and will be coming can think of anywhere better!
Thanks you!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sophiepritch
TLHLeisureResort, Marketing at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Thank you so much for posting your customer review. It's always great to hear from guests who have had such an enjoyable time with us. I will make sure your comments are passed on to other members of the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Vicky - Marketing Team