All reviewshigh standardwilly wonkapianist playingbig walk in showermanager kimextra vegetablesroom safebowling greenbath robes and slipperspetit foursclass hotelsauna steam roomfree parking and wififresh milk in the fridgework commitmentscourse evening mealfirst class
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Hi,
On our last evening of a four night stay at Belgrave Sands. This hotel is so far away from the usual anyglypta wallpaper with 25 coats of paint as you could find.
Everything is very modern , the staff extremely friendly and the rooms are what you would expect from a four star hotel.
The food is stunning , a special thank you to the chef for that pleasure, and an even bigger thank you to Callum who looked after us each evening, the perfect mix of professionalism and humour, a real asset to the hotel.
My only negative is I would not stay here in peak season for fear of hot weather as the rooms have no air conditioning, our room was unbearably hot for two nights of our stay but apart from this you will not find a better hotel in Torquay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Good evening Ian B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic comment about the hotel, especially regarding your enjoyable meals and how well you were looked after by Callum. I have told him about this review and he is absolutely over the moon especially as he has only been working for us for just over a month and this is his first job as a waiter.

I am sorry to hear you found your room to be hot, we have had an unusually hot and muggy period this past few weeks (approximately 25 degrees most days) so it has been difficult to keep cool wherever you go, including my own house! We do have a plan to better ventilate the corridors, which should cool down the whole hotel through the summer noticeably.

Once again, thank you for your lovely comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and I would like to say we have stayed at alot of hotels around the world and this by far is up there with the best. The staff were all so helpful and professional with a special mention for Callum who gave the most attentive and professional service I have received anywhere. The food breakfast and dinner was exceptional and we most certainly will be returning

Good evening Louise B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a marvellous review. What can I say? I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much, found your meals exceptional and that you were so well looked after by the team, especially Callum! I have told him about this review and he is over the moon that you have mentioned him personally as he has only been with us for just over a month and this is his first job as a waiter!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Torquay.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, great atmosphere, lovely polite staff. I can honestly say I have Never tasted carrots or cauliflower cheese that tasted so wonderful. The gravy on my roast beef was absolutely delicious. My starter was phenomenal,it was potted duck pate and smoked duck. Well done to The Belgrave sands.

1  Thank jaccccccc2015
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Good morning jaccccccc2015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review about your Sunday Roast with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! I will definitely pass you comments on to our wonderful team of chefs.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We recently stayed for two nights at this hotel.The accommodation was very good and the meal were excellent. We found the staff to be very helpful. One slight criticism is the Hotel is extremely warm although there is an electric fan in each room. Unfortunately Torquay it's self looks very tired and a bit run down, but there is some redevelopment taking place.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Good evening Anthony S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very complimentary review about your stay with us. It is fantastic to hear that you found your room comfortable, your meals excellent and the team helpful.

I am sorry you found your bedroom to be very hot during your stay, we have had unusually hot weather this past couple of weeks (approximately 25 degrees) and so my bedroom at home was very hot too. To try to combat this in the future, we are waiting for a delivery of fire alarm sensitive door stops so we can keep the corridor doors open which should increase the air ventilation throughout the whole hotel. We are hoping this will make a tremendous difference on those extra hot days.

I am extremely sad to hear your negative comments about Torquay on such a public forum. The council are trying very hard and doing a lot of redevelopment in the town centre, but sadly, like many small towns in the UK, we are loosing some of the bigger shops. We hope that we will have some small independently owned boutique shops take their place to make Torquay really special.

Further to this, we have the most beautiful sea front and promenade, a fantastic harbour, a wonderful selection of bars and eateries from fish & chips to fine dining and everything in between, a theatre which hosts great shows year round as well as other marvellous attractions, brilliant transport links by bus, train, steam train or boat to neighbouring towns and I could go on and on. I really hope this comment doesn't put people off coming to Torquay, as in my opinion it is beautiful and a great place for a Great British holiday!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a 2 night mini break on my own.
The single bedroom is plenty big enough and very nicely finished with all the usual refinements plus little touches like a suprise mini cake in the fridge.
The hotel is immaculately presented and the breakfast is delicious with the usual buffet plus cooked to order hot dishes.
Very close to the beach and with plenty of free parking this hotel is ideally positioned for exploring Torquay on foot.
The swimming pool, sauna and steam room are an added bonus.
Both nights I ate in the restaurant having the 6 course dinner. Amazing quality food, couldn't fault any of it and the staff were also lovely and helpful in picking which delight to opt for next.
You will not be disappointed by this hotel and I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ian r
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Good morning Ian R,

All I can say is thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay, particularly that you liked your welcome treat, enjoyed your meals and found the team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.