The Cimon(Torquay)
US$145
Hotels.com
US$280
  • Beachfront
All reviewswilly wonkahigh standardpianist playingbowling greenmanager kimsignature roomroom safebath robes and slippersclass hotellarge showerfree parking and wifipetit fourssauna and steam roomwork commitmentsfresh milk in the fridgerecommend this hotelwalk in shower
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We are just leaving the hotel today after another wonderful breakfast (eggs benedicte are fantastic). Such a great place, clean with professional staff. The room with sea view was also great, and the chocolate for Easter were really welcomed by my wife. We wish to come back again as everything went smoothly. Even the room service was quick and food really good. No negative points, we strongly recommend to stay at the Belgrave sands.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Good evening GuimouL,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. I am so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and appreciated your Easter treats!

Thank you for recommending potential future guests for us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed for four night mini break this week as part of coach group.
Staff friendly and helpful , room just superb with well appointed on suite, clean hospitable a real luxurious home from home atmosphere
Food beautifully cooked and presented with entertainment of a great standard - happy to recommend this hotel and would dearly love to come again .
Thanks for a great visit and well done X

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank decoskin

Good evening decoskin,

I am so pleased to hear what a lovely time you had whilst staying with us. Thank you very much for your comments regarding the rooms, cleanliness, meals, entertainment and welcoming team; the whole team will be so pleased to hear such wonderful comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a very memorable four night stay at The Belgrave Sands Hotel in Torquay.We went there as part of a party with a South Wales Coach company.Quite a few people who we have met have been raving about this hotel and I have to say it lives up to the praise.The Belgrave Sands was formerly The Kistor Hotel and was totally refurbished a year or two ago.It's now been transformed to a standard that truly lives up to it's four star rating.We felt at home from the moment we arrived.I was impressed with Kim the hotel manager.Her welcome speech was friendly and informative.Kim personally visited every member of our party and provided the option of sharing a table or having a table for two.My wife and I opted for a table for two.Normally,we never mind sharing but as we had an anniversary and a birthday coming up it was nice to celebrate privately with a bottle of wine or two at dinner.The dining room was a pleasure to eat in,very bright and comfortable.The buffet bar breakfast was very good and we couldn't fault the made to order cooked breakfast.We thoroughly enjoyed the five course candlelit dinner every night.I have to be honest and say that I had two resevations about the first nights dinner,We had to wait a long time for our main course.Luckily,our sharp eyed waiter Emanuel was aware of it and sorted the matter out swiftly before we said anything.Second thing was that our Lemon Sole was a little on the small side.However,I am not going to knock off a star for this as all our main courses on subsequent evenings were adequate. I thought that the background pianists who played every night was a nicely tasteful touch.We really appreciated that we could remain at our table for the cabaret every night,We thought that all the entertainment was of a good standard and we thoroughly enjoyed participating.When we returned to our room one night,our window was open a little bit too wide.We could not close it ourelves but my wife rang down to reception and spoke to Kim who promptly came to our room to close the window.I have nothing but praise for the reception team all of them very professional.Same was true of the dining room staff,I couldn't fault any of them.Housekeeping staff were great too.My wife was impressed with the high standard of cleanliness in our room and bathroom.In fact the entire hotel is clean and comfortable throughout.I was sorry to leave the hotel yesterday but that's testament to how good it is.We will certainly love to return in the very near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidaynaker

Good evening holidaynaker,

Wow, what can I say! Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous and comprehensive review! It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Emmanuel took care of you so well during dinner service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We first stayed here in October 2017 and came back in the middle of February and the weather was glorious again! Everything about the hotel is perfect, from the initial welcome - great Reception team including G.M. Kim - and our room was just fabulous. Dual aspect so that we could look out onto the bowling green and the sea. The location of the hotel is good, a bracing walk into town or catch a bus to Brixham or Newton Abbott. Torre Abbey is just across the road, well worth a visit. The Reception team are very knowledgeable and helpful if you need local information.
I must mention the evening entertainment. A very good female singer on our first night did a great Dusty Springfield song which we danced to. The lady pianist is always very good, unobtrusive background music while you are eating. On the Saturday evening there was a man playing piano, equally good, he was then joined by a lady and they did some great covers of classic songs: Roy Orbison and Solomon King, to name but two, which got us on our feet again!
The food is really excellent, both dinner and breakfast. Good choices at dinner, a reasonably priced wine list and waiting staff really good. Hubby was happy with his Full English breakfast (including very well done sausages as requested) every morning while I worked my way through the items on the left-hand side of the menu, all excellent.
My only food problem is that the breakfasts and dinners are so good, I couldn't possibly tackle a Willy Wonka afternoon tea :(
Free parking is a bonus here, Wi-Fi is good, fresh milk in every room every day - it's those thoughtful touches that make the Belgrave Sands a special place for us. Our room was well serviced every day, congratulation to Claire and her team, and thank you for giving me a guided tour of other rooms. The décor is very tasteful with beautiful prints all around the hotel; it just screams quality and great design.
I used the gym and pool again, all very clean and well decorated.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we've booked another break in May, hoping the weather will be as good, if not better.
Thank you Kim and your great team, looking forward to May.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chocolina25
Belgrave_Sands, General Manager at The Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Good afternoon chocolina25,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we are all so pleased that you had such a lovely second stay at The Belgrave Sands. I am so pleased you were happy with your room, enjoyed all of your meals and the accompanying musicians and took advantage of the sunny weather and exploring the local area.

We look forward to seeing you again in May!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

If you have booked or thinking of booking The Belgrave Sands Hotel, you will not be disappointed, it is Fantastic . The hotel is very welcoming, bright, spotlessly clean and a very comfortable, relaxing place. The bedrooms are spacious, decorated lovely, has tea/coffee making facilities, and bottled water.

On arrival, you are offered complimentary tea or coffee which is a lovely welcome after travelling. On Sunday after returning from a very long windy/cold walk, there was tea/coffee and cream scones offered to guests..... The Sunday evening meal was absolutely fantastic. The hotel also has a small swimming pool, gym, steam room, sauna etc which is very relaxing after a long walk. The lounge is very relaxing and the sandwiches for lunch are excellent and a good price.

You cannot fault this hotel, it is absolutely fantastic and very worthy of 5 stars.

WE will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are lovely
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Good afternoon gardens71,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a fabulous review! It truly does make all of the hard work worthwhile when we receive such wonderful feedback.

I am so pleased to hear about everything you enjoyed about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,