“Local Fresh Seafood, that gem you always hope to find on holidays! ”

Man Fridays Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 369 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

After what seemed like a never ending trip from London on Good Friday, we got lucky!Our local taxi driver pointed to a small place down an alleyway. We would have walked right past it otherwise on our hunt that day for a seafood meal.
The place is small, perhaps 20 tables or so, with a modern fisherman’s hut feel.
We went all out and ordered the seafood platter for two. More food then we shamefully were able to finish. All fish & seafood is local and you can really taste it. The crab was the best my husband has ever had. With big chunks of sweet delicate flesh rewarding him with every crack. I loved the lobster, although do wish there was some garlic butter to go with it. The only element on the platter that could have gotten a touch better love were the scallops. The service was made by the lady running the show. Some people are made for this industry. She made us feel very welcome, was efficient, filled with recommendations, warm and no matter how much she was running around a genuine smile never left her face. This place was like a warm hug for our family on a drizzly cold night, and we left with belies full, big smiles and one sleeping toddler.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

After looking thru TA - as you do - for a seafood restaurant we decided on this place to celebrate our Anniversary. The key points I need to share are: The service - really attentive, helpful, obliging and friendly, nothing seemed too much trouble (complimentary gluten free bread and dishes adjusted to be cooked without garlic.)They are a real credit to the restaurant. The portion size is large (and I eat big) which ive found is unusual in seafood restaurants, most of the meals come as a duo or more i.e fillet steak n king prawns or a trio of fish fillets or plaice & prawns or crab/lobster and ...... you get the idea, so you get plenty of seafood cooked in lots of different sauces. The cost is on the higher side, equivalent to the Michelin rated Elephant rest next door but the food - quality and amount - and service are worth it. We togged up a bit but found that many didn't dress up which is a shame but I would rather over-dress than under. The view is attractive, overlooking the harbour. We will definitely visit again, the seafood platter looks like a challenge! My tip to the owners/chef is maybe add a Gumbo Pot style dish (fish, crustaceans etc in a thick spicy tomato sauce) or a bisque to the menu if possible? Highly recommend and will be back......

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd time here, as we have loved our previous visits. The food was amazing, as usual. However, we were 1st to arrive out of 3tables that were in, but last to be served. My partner was brought his starter, but politely waited for mine before starting. Good job as it was taken off of him as it wasn’t our order, but table 3’s ! We had two different wine glasses and not enough cutlery. The waitress was very polite, but lacked confidence in what she was doing. As much as I looked forward to coming here again, I think we’ll try somewhere else next time, as I don’t want to ruin our previous experience here.

1  Thank Flyer147907
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Excellent meal with good service but difficult to choose from menu as such a wonderful selection but be prepared to pay the price for lobster and other luxury delights but then any type of fish is dear these days from a super market. We would go back again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Recommended by the hotel we were staying at, we had a fantastic meal for my husbands 60th here. Service was second to none, food was delicious. Complimentary garlic bread whets your appetite, which is just delicious. I started with mussels in white wine, followed by hake and scallops the latter being in a very light tempura batter. Hubby had crab terrine followed by monkfish tails wrapped in Parma ham. All mains were accompanied by roasted potatoes and a selection of veg, we had leeks, broccoli, carrots, kale, which are included in the cost of our main. The flavours were sensational, the portion sizes were large and in fact we couldn’t eat all our veg, sadly. I would thoroughly recommend this as somewhere special to go, there were several things I could have chosen off the menu, if only we’d been staying longer!