“Excellent lunch in a distillery ”
Review of Barbican Kitchen

Barbican Kitchen
Ranked #36 of 801 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in the world famous Plymouth Gin Distillery, the Barbican Kitchen was established in 2006 by the Tanner Brothers, Chris and James. Our aim is to deliver fresh local food at a realistic price. The Barbican Kitchen takes full advantage of the superb larder available to us here in the Westcountry.
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I decided to go on the gin distillery tour allowing time for lunch before. A good decision! An excellent 2 or 3 course table d'hote proved delicious. Mushroom soup followed by slow cooked beef followed by ice cream set me up very well for the gin tour afterwards. Friendly service coupled with decent wines by the glass. All in all, a lovely lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Went here with friends on a university reunion.

I thought the food was nice but somewhat overpriced. £22 for a smallish bowl of curry was a lot I think although it was nice.

My friends thought the same. Decent but not outstanding.

The thing that annoyed us was the service. We were sat down and had to wait 10 minutes before we asked if we could get some drinks.

We weren't bothered about the cost of things but the girl serving didn't seem to get that. I think we saw her smile once and she just came across as cold.

When we got the bill they had decided to add on 12.5% (around £38) which also annoyed a number in the group.

I have no problems in paying good money for food and drink and as it was a celebration weekend we spent plenty more in other places but I don't like being charged service automatically when the person serving has an aversion to smiling!

Maybe we got them and her on a bad night??

1  Thank jijwhite
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Having recently had total hip replacement my mobility is somewhat reduced. I found the lift easy to use, and more importantly the disabled toilet was perfect the staff checked with me that I was comfortable and had everything I needed.
The food was excellent and our party all enjoyed our choices. If I had one criticism it is just a bit chilly with the air conditioning so I would suggest the earring of a cardigan or jumper

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I hadnt been here for a while so we popped in on the off chance and were lucky to find a table for 2. It’s busy on a Saturday lunchtime and there were tables full of people enjoying their lunches.
Two starters and two main courses and sadly we didn’t have room for dessert. I had been eyeing up the desserts of the four women on the next table and they certainly were loving them,
So lovely fresh fish - Cornish sea bass for my husband and Salmon ramen for me.
We will be back!
Yummy

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

With friends from New Zealand we visited recently one lunchtime. The staff were most welcoming and we found the menu varied. Excellent drinks were followed by a high standard of food. The calves liver was tasty as were the other choices. It was good to see a place so busy at lunchtime but this did not delay the service. A good experience which I would certainly repeat.