“Brilliant”

Price range: US$13 - US$59
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Superb little family run bistro/restaurant ideal for lunch, or dinner. Close to the Plymouth Theatre Royal, Pavilions and Reel Cinema and situated in the heart of the business district close the Civic Centre and just across from main Royal Parade bus stops. Extensive menu including light bites such as vegetable, French Onion and Fish Soup, Omelettes, Croque Monsieur and Fish and Chips as well as the traditional French dishes of, Beef Bourguignon, Cassoulet, Escargot and Creme Brule. Its a venue suitable for everyone at anytime and easy on the pocket too. The attention to detail and customer care and service is second to none and its been running quietly on its "word of mouth" reputation since 2005. There is even a piano on site which is played, subject to bookings, from 7.30pm each evening.
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic meal here, from starter to desert I couldn’t find fault in anything. The wine menu was what you’d expect and the service was very attentive. All of this and a piano in the background, thank you for a lovely evening

1  Thank Newquay_or_bust

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I attended a friends wedding and Chloe’s did the catering. I’ve been to 100’s Of functions over the years and without doubt this was the best I’ve ever been to - huge variety of food - not a sandwich or sausage roll in site ( Chloe’s should post a photo it was beautiful ) and everyone found something for them including the vegans and myself who has a shell fish allergy - each serving platter was labeled so food allergies and likes and dislikes were easily dealt with - I have a big family party next next and will definitely book !

Jo F, Owner at Chloe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts down for others to read. We are so glad to hear back from external catering functions as we are not around to see faces and talk to people - although we did manage to take some photos before we left so hopefully we will post these onto facebook soon.

We look forward to accommodating you again sometime soon.

Merry Christmas
JO & DIDIER & The Team

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Not very much choice, I had very expensive fish & chips, enormous portion couldn't eat it all - would rather have had less and paid less. Nice fruit crumble I shared with my friend. Had 2 different waitresses they were fine. However, had 7 trips to the bathroom with upset stomach - I told the venue and thought I would at least have been offered even a free coffee for goodwill - but no! I wouldn't rush to go back as there are a lot of other good restaurants with more extensive menu.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This is a very good French restaurant handy for the Theatre Royal in Plymouth. Snails, proper duck confit and a trilogy of cremes brulées washed down with lovely wines by the glass coupled with super friendly service make this restaurant a real find. Add in a live pianist (very good) and a pre theatre menu and you have a gem.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Just a review for you all, I don't leave reviews, however this place is outstanding, the staff are friendly and welcoming, the food is both tasty and beautifully presented. A must for anyone in the area, also perfect for the theater or afternoon lunch while your our shopping.