“A good selection”
Review of Sundaes Gelato

Sundaes Gelato
Ranked #8 of 11 Dessert in Plymouth
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Called with my sister as it was a very hot day and near out bus stop and tried one ice cream each. I had blackberry and she had the lemon meringue. She enjoyed hers but said she had had a tangier one elsewhere, my blackberry was nice not had that flavour before. But felt with so many to choose from it was not best quality. But very nice on a very hot day. May call again

1  Thank wendygp

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Lovely treat on a hot afternoon. Had a strawberry sundae. Must admit it was bigger than expected but absolutely delicious & reasonably priced.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

It has to be said that my son and I go here fairly regularly and have not had an issue, however, today we went with other family members, 5 of us in total. As my young son was eating his ice-cream he found a long black hair. My sister, who was enjoying her giant sundae immediately stopped eating, as did my nephew. When I took it back to the counter with the hair sticking out, the guy behind the counter had no idea how to react. He went off to get the manager and she came to say that we could either have a refund for my son's ice cream or have a replacement. He chose a replacement but the fact that the rest of us were put off our food was not even acknowledged. Really disappointed that having spent £30 there, only the two young children got the ice-cream .

2  Thank Keeley M
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I dont know if I went in on a horrible day, but damn it was bad... The staff were rude and arrogant, barely even communicating with me, when it came to our food FINALLY arriving after like a 30minute wait, the staff seemed to be aimlessly wandering around the place trying to find the right tables...The food was rubbish, it was cold (supposed to be a warm dish, warm cookie dough stuff). The entire restaurant was chaos, people complaining and I think I only saw about 2-3 staff members. The decor would look lovely if it was cleaned, the tables were disgusting and sticky and had leftovers on them, the menus even worse---not a good thing trying to sell a product when the menu is falling apart and covered in god only knows!! I know that you cant always have a pristine clean place, but CMON- basic hygiene lessons seriously needed here.
The bins were overflowing, and cutlery dirty. I didnt even bother finishing my meal.

Complete let down. I wont be going again.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I had the waffles with cream, white chocolate sauce, strawberries & bananas and i can honestly recommend - it is delicious and you can 'take away' these waffles too if you ask them!