“Awesome Greek good and wonderful service ”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 776 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

In a town that seems to serve nought but fish and chips we found a Greek restaurant. Well recommended by my TA compatriots.
And what a meal.!
I had the Kleftico. Just beautiful. The matre de even gave me the recipe. I'm going to give it a go when back in Australia.
Can't recommend this place enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 26 August 2017

A real gem of a find. To avoid bank holiday traffic Nik and I took the train to Plymouth. Time for lunch we decided and wandered to the Barbican.lots of eateries. we decided to go in to The Village.We were welcomed most heartily by a friendly lady and served very promptly even though the restaurant was full. We decide on the Meze....well when it arrived we were over the moon .it was fabulously presented and perfectly cooked.we were very well looked after and nothing was too much trouble... We will definitely be going back Thank you so much.PS they do a 2 course lunch for £10 99

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here , my steak dianne was lovely.. not quite as expected but very nice with great vegetables and really good fried potatoes. I knocked a star off because it got really crowded and we had people queuing at the side of our table so we left earlier than we would have liked. However we will go back but earlier than before. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, helping me with my husband's mobility scooter.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Visited the village Thursday night managed to get a table despite not having booked.
We had the Fish meze for two, which was amazing well worth a visit, only problem we weren't able to finish it.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was fully booked, however, the waitress squized us in an half hour later.

The tzatziki was the best we ever had. The fruit de mer pasta was very rich of fish.

In other words: great restaurant to have dinner in Plymouth.