“Amazing”

Ranked #21 of 798 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A small family run bistro, offering over 50 wines sold by the glass, carafe or bottle. All food is cooked to order, so we're not a place to visit if you're in a rush (unless you pre-order), but a great place to relax and enjoy fresh local produce. Primarily a Wine Bar, We are an adult venue and do not accept children under the age of 14. A warm friendly welcome awaits you.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful. Food was fantastic, steak cooked perfectly. It was great to have someone who knew wines too. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Daniel H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing evening at The Chancel, the food never disappoints and our steak was beautiful. Always lovely selection of vegetables too. Cannot rate this lovely restaurant enough. It has an amazing ambience and the wines are amazing!

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Travelled up with family visit to watch Pompey play, ( we will be shopping)! found this on trip advisor- and what an absolute enjoyable evening, food was spot on , and staff were friendly helpful and really looked after us.
Would recommend this place to anyone and will return next time we visit here. Thank you

1  Thank Showmethemoneyjules
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely intimate restaurant. Service great and food doesn’t disappoint . Try the pear and Stilton salad. Gorgeous !

1  Thank frannyb3
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Have drunk at the Chancel many times and I really like it, particularly because the staff are great and it has that perfect combination of excellent service, interesting drinks and a welcoming atmosphere that means I always try to visit when I'm going out in Plymouth.

I was a little bit disappointed by the restaurant though, its still one of the better ones in Plymouth, but overall I thought the food was a bit unimaginative and while I did enjoy all of it everything wasn't quite as nice as I had hoped, nothing seemed particularly special. Also the service, which is always very attentive upstairs was a bit lacking, and maybe it was because we were tucked away in the corner, but it wasn't what I had hoped for.

This is probably the best restaurant in Plymouth for gluten free food though, so that is definitely a major reason to visit.

1  Thank righty_ho_then