“Amazing place fantastic food ”
Review of Artillery Tower

Artillery Tower
Ranked #45 of 764 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$50 - US$56
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small family run Restaurant located within a 500year old Artillery Tower with views across Plymouth sound, Drakes Island & Mount Edgecombe. Cooking with locally sourced seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived it's a small venue but felt very roomy lots of tables and was nice atmosphere waitresses were very friendly the food was probably the best I've eaten and the turbot was to die for my friend had the lamb and he said best ever vegetable nicely cooked and the dauphinois potato was so tasty we finished our meals with the pudding chocolate mousse and a homemade Ice cream wow top it off a visit from the chef who was really nice this is a venue I will visit again we paid 40.00 per person for a 3 course meal well worth the price they also use local produce this place is hidden gem parking too which was a bonus

Reviewed 30 July 2016

My partner booked a table at this restaurant as a surprise for my recent milestone birthday, it was supposed to be a romantic and intimate dinner for 2.
Table booked for 9pm, around 5pm on the day, he received a call saying that it wasn't worth their while staying open just for us and that they were cancelling the reservation. Talk about let down at short notice! We were both very disappointing and then had to waste time ringing around for an alternative and changing the rest of our evening plans to accommodate.
The reason they put forward was that it wasn't 'cost effective' to stay open just for us, well why take the reservation in the first place?! This is terrible customer service and I have told everyone I know about it and everyone has been pretty shocked at the way we were treated.
I would never consider going there again, I don't care how good the food is that's not the way to treat paying customers. Terrible attitude.

mrcooker, Owner at Artillery Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

We waited until 5pm hoping to get other bookings.I asked your partner if you could come earlier because last orders are 9pm & we would be open for 2hours before you arrive with no other customers. He said No. I said we would honour the booking if he wished. He then said he didn't want us to open just you. "Saying it wouldn't be very romantic sitting in a empty restaurant". We offered him a free meal for the next day. He said you were going to Cornwall. We did our best to resolve of a difficult situation.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We visited here as a nice treat meal out. It is a gorgeous little restaurant hock only seats about 20 odd people (about 8 tables) it is very intimate and cosy. We sat next to one of the windows which was lovely to look out at the sea views and see the boats sail by. The food was absolutely delicious! It was all very well presented and the portion sizes were perfect. The staff members were all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We will definitely return here again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

The food here is crafted by Pete and he is a wizard, really the food is top drawer in a very tall set of drawers. The experience, which is what it is, leaves you feeling really well looked after and happy to have visited. The wines are superb and the service from Debbie and team is top notch. If you want the best food and service give this a visit you will not be disappointed. It is fine dining and the menu changes but all of the food just works to give a foodie a delight.

1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I have eaten in some top restaurants in London, some priced at well over £100 per person but forget them....... this is as good as it gets!!!!!
Food is awesome, cooked to perfection, nothing is too much trouble for them and the restaurant itself is small but an interesting place with lovely views if you manage to sit at a window.
It may sound a little on the expensive side but believe me for the quality of food it is cheap. Save up your pennies.....its well worth waiting for, highly recommended, I'd rather eat here than in the "Four Seasons" at Canary Wharf in London......and that meal was well into 4 figures for 6 of us (luckily I was treated!!)