“Family celebration”

Ranked #8 of 798 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$47 - US$52
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small family run Restaurant located within a 500year old Artillery Tower with views across Plymouth sound, Drakes Island & Mount Edgecombe. Cooking with locally sourced seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 28 June 2015

This was the first time my family and I dined at the Artillery , I was looking for something special as my son had passed out from the navy earlier that day . I'm delighted to say we weren't disappointed , everything was first class, From the warm welcome , to the delicious food , I had the crab starter , some had the stuffed mushroom , my husband had scallops with belly pork ,while my son had the mussels , everyone agreed that what they choose was beautiful , The mains of , sea bass, duck , and lamb were so tasty and cooked to perfection , after some of us had desserts , my hubby had the ginger sponge and ice cream and said it was the nicest dessert he had ever had , high praise indeed , the chef came out to chat with us which I thought was a loverly touch , beautiful food , gorgeous setting , would strongly recommend this fabulous restaurant if you haven't already tried it .

1  Thank Daisydelfonte

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Went here for the 1st time Saturday night with another couple well I must say that we all had a superb meal good service would definitely go back

Reviewed 27 June 2015

Everything about this restaurant was excellent. The food was lovely and the atmosphere is very nice.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

The Artillery Tower provided a unique experience with the location and size of the restaurant.

Positives of the restaurant:
- Good table d'hôte menu - fresh and seasonal.
- Service was friendly, fast and welcoming.

Negatives of the restaurant:
- I would say the price was set slightly too high for three small courses. (Obviously priced that way because of the restaurant having around 8 tables an evening and the location)
- There was a lack of ambiance, Being a small restaurant that attracts mostly couples its very quiet and can feel awkward being a table of 6 talking - There should be some background music.

I would recommend as overall it was a lovely meal.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

A quirky venue in a fantastic setting. A small exclusive dining experience. The food and service are excellent with a corresponding price-tag. Warning.

1  Thank Peter T