“Worst hotel for car drivers”
Review of Jurys Inn Plymouth

Jurys Inn Plymouth
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The car park is a dingy one, under Mecca Bingo. No obvious signage as to how to get to the hotel for residents and it's £10 per day.

Receptionist really uninterested. No card details were asked for which meant I couldn't order room service or have drinks on the room bill, until I went and sorted out.

View miserable.

Had a family room and only had one towel and two pillows. Apparently 'we are full and will try and get you more'. Which they did.

Agree that the lifts are also a nightmare and have a mind if their own and you often spend a lot of time going to floors you don't need to.

Building and area appear tired and filthy (outside).

1  Thank EmmerD
Write a ReviewReviews (2,620)

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here for my sons passing out parade, we had not been told about the voucher for overnight parking so on arrival did the pay and display, only then to be told it cost £6.00 for the overnight parking, we had already paid £4.so in the end it cost us the same so wad not discounted, if yor staying here just pay for the hours up to 5pm as the voucher only kicks in after then. Found having to use room key for
the lift a bit of a bind.
Breakfast we opted just for a continetal as this was only £2.50
went to get some crossiants only to be told they would take 20mins
The toaster well its either dry bread or charcoal -the choice is yours
After highlighting this point to someone was told we are always busy this time of the morning !! And the hotel have franchised the food out to another company

1  Thank Earniegirl
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Me and my sister stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was ok for a 3-star hotel. Nice and clean room and good location in the city. The staff seemed a bit uninterested in their work. But the worst was the food! Breakfast was ok, although not much of a buffet. The restaurant was a huge disappointment! Warning - don´t order the pizza! It was the worst we´d ever had. The pizza-bread tasted like "ready-maded" frozen - thick and dry, and the cheese was uneatable! We had a hard time getting the attention of the waitress as well. We had to go to the counter to pay. Bad service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeligu
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel is great. The room was very clean and had all the basic items (tea/coffee, soap, body wash, shampoo/conditioner etc)
A good number of TV channels to choose from too.
The bed was very comfortable and came with extra pillows and covers.
The only down side could be that it is situated on a very busy road. This of course is no problem if you can sleep through it but it is worth a mention.
Great location being in the center of town.. for convenience and views.
Breakfast was ok. Sometimes not a great deal to choose from but you get all the basics.
Most staff (with the exception of the bar staff) appeared to know what they were doing and were helpful and friendly.
Overall a really nice place to stay. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Over tue past 2 years I've stayed in a number of hotels across the UK, but never have I been so angered and frustrated at a hotel that I felt that I should review it the second I walked into my room until now.

I always look for 2 things in a hotel - on site parking and a gym (the 2nd not a priority but always gets my reservation over a hotel that doesn't). This seemed to have both so a room was booked. A few miles outside of Plymouth I decided to give the hotel a call to confirm the parking facilities but my call rang off after 5 mins. I tried again and went through to reservation ls instead. There I was told that parking was 'across the road in Drakes Circus', the local shopping centre. I parked and carried my heavy luggage the 5/10 mins 'across the road' to the hotel where I saw an entrance to a car park underneath the hotel!! I was told at reception that this was not theirs but a recent agreement allowed residents to park there, 'reservations obviously weren't aware of this', I was told. I was then confronted with a lift that had a mind of it's own as it uses your room card to get it going. I think I met half of the residents as I travelled up and down with a number of them hopping on and off before finally getting to my floor.

The final straw was the 'gymnasium' or 'fitness room' as I was informed by reception. This is the same as being told you're getting a top of the range executive car and having a 1978 Ford Cortina with 200k miles on the clock. 4 cardio machines and a mat does not maketh a gym!!!

I'm a very mild mannered and accepting business traveller normally but I don't think I'll be staying here again somehow.

4  Thank Palace01