“Now called Mama Rita's Kitchen, just off Plymouth market.”
Review of Afro Caribbean Pot

Afro Caribbean Pot
Ranked #110 of 754 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Description: Mama Rita's kitchen is a family run business we put a lot of passion , love and dedication in our cooking we mostly use a local source fresh vegetables in our cooking . All our meals are freshly cook to order we care for our customers so we only serve the best healthy dishes in our kitchen. We accept all cards payments and a free wifi.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

My girlfriend and I first saw Mama Rita's kitchen on a random walk around Plymouth and thought it looked interesting. Yesterday lunchtime we decided to give it a go! It was pretty busy for a Monday lunchtime, a testament to the wonderful food, maybe they need to move to bigger premises. The lady working was on her own doing everything and we were amazed that she managed to do about five jobs at once! We had the Ghanaian stew and the fish curry. The fish curry was particularly nice, amazing flavours and it literally fell apart in your mouth. They are available for functions and weddings; they were previously called the Afro Caribbean Pot, so you might know them as that.

2  Thank RasiakSnaps

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I had a takeaway from this place for the first time tonight, it definitely won't be my last! It was delicious!
I ordered a goat curry and it was spicy and very tasty. I would recommend this little gem to everyone

2  Thank emmabrim
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I saw there was a Caribbean restaurant in Plymouth and couldn't resist trying it for lunch.
Now Mama Rita's and menu changed somewhat.

The place is just beyond the market in the unfashionable part of town, but well worth the walk.

I only wanted a lunch and so went for a jerk chicken wrap. Great value at £3.95, and great taste too. Makes me want to get back there for a full meal.

2  Thank ChrisFromAber
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for something a little bit different from the norm or you want some more sizzle in your menu (at a reasonable price), then you have to try this place. The food is delicious. I had jerk chicken with rice n beans and it was fabulous. The waitress discussed what sort of spice heat I would like and the result was spot on. My girlfriend had spicy (and it was Spicey!) steamed cabbage that was really tasty. I would definitely go again and I definitely recommend it. There are only a few tables which is all the small open plan kitchen could probably handle. Thanks for a lovely meal, can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Like this little place a lot. Food is consistent tasty and fairly priced. Only just noticed the new sign and branding. From what I can tell, this excellent family business continues but the cafe has the new name. If anyone believes that it has changed hands (which I doubt), please let us know.