“Beautifully cooked goat curry”
Review of Afro Caribbean Pot

Afro Caribbean Pot
Ranked #110 of 754 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Description: Mama Rita's kitchen is a family run business we put a lot of passion , love and dedication in our cooking we mostly use a local source fresh vegetables in our cooking . All our meals are freshly cook to order we care for our customers so we only serve the best healthy dishes in our kitchen. We accept all cards payments and a free wifi.
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Great chilled out atmosphere, delicious food and lovely friendly service. I had the goat curry, cooked beautifully - opted for medium spiciness and it still decked me, but I sweat over a korma. It's brilliant home style cooking / street food and well worth a visit if you're after an authentic taste. I'll be back

3  Thank Catch22Fish

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Great food, great hosts. Keep trying to try every dish on the menu, half way there and have not been dissatisfied once. Amazing flavours and nice spice.

1  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

I have only just got home and am already wanting to tell everyone about this amazing place! A friend brought the 6 of us to this place after her great experience and I could not be happier! Beautiful succulent dishes at such incredible value, I have already planned what to try next time I go! The jerk chicken was spot on, tasty fried chicken and the crunchy, wonderfully crisp sweet potato chips could not be faulted.
My only criticism would be that it is a little small. But hopefully they will become bigger as they get better (if they can get any better)!

Fantastic job, hope to be back soon.

2  Thank Rhian27231
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Picked up a late lunch here. Wasn't eating as I was not hungry but was tempted by the menu. Three of us ordered three different dishes and all of us were happy! All you could want from a market stall meal. Fish & sweet potato curry particularly good.

3  Thank P G
Reviewed 1 November 2015

The food we ordered was cooked to perfection. My fish was pan fried, with crispy skin, delicious vegetables and was perfectly spiced. The chef will ask you how hot you want your food. I asked for mine not too be too hot with spice and I would describe my food as medium, which was just perfect. The other two dishes were mutton curry and a Ghanean stew, which were very spicy, as ordered. Yes, we did have to wait for about 20 minutes, but it was definitely worth it. Yes, they do use a microwave to warm some dishes up, but it did not spoil the aroma or the taste of the curries and the meat was beautifully tender and tasty. The chef was friendly and polite. Bear in mind that it is a small food stall in a market, so you will not get silver service. What you will get is delicious food at good prices. We will most definitely visit it again on our next trip to Plymouth.