1,458 results
All reviews car park air con meal deal city centre national marine aquarium good nights sleep short walk free parking all you can eat third floor barbican area bars and restaurants reception staff cooked breakfast room was spotless road noise ideal location
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Top tip - request a room on the side away from the road. Here's why! We were in room 311 at the top and facing the road. The traffic was busy and very noisy all night without a break. The people outside were loud, shouting and screaming until at least 5am. The double glazing appears to do nothing (we thought the window was open). The wall beneath the window seems to be made of plywood and probably contributed. Resulting in the noisiest hotel stay ever (previous record held by an AIRBNB on the highway in San Fran).

On a more positive note the staff were lovely and offered us a free breakfast. But since the grill was broken and we did not have a spare 30 mins extra we could not take them up on that. Oh well.They also pointed us at the good sleep guarantee but having filled in the forms there - no reply. Just another email asking how they did all over again and pointing us at tripadvisor for a review - well here it is!

Otherwise it was fine and I'm sure the people on the other side slept well and enjoyed the proximity to the harbour and bars and restaurants there. Unlike others I would not say it was a long way from the town centre unless a 10 min walk is too much! For the Uni and town centre and harbour area it was just right.

Tip 2 - pay for the parking (£5) at the desk - saw lots of people struggling with the machine. some of them thinking they were at the Premier Inn next door - oops! :-)

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the road side. Pay for parking at the desk, not the machine.
1  Thank Dr_Effingpot
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Plymouth City Centre (Sutton Harbour) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I apologise you found it to be noisy during your stay due to noise from people and the traffic outside of your room. Our rooms are fully insulated to prevent an much noise as possible so I apologise you were disturbed on this occasion. I would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with the team members responsible for monitoring and managing noise incidents to help minimise these types of disruption.

Please be assured I have passed all of your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel to look into these issues further and prevent this experience from being repeated in the future.

We hope you have since received a reply from our Guest Relations team to resolve this complaint via our Good Night Guarantee.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Usual Premier inn room. Long way out from town centre. Nice views of harbour if you are front facing. Shame about the scrap yard starting early if you are at the back, like me. I felt the room was over priced. Okay there was triple glazing, if you don't want fresh air, this stops the noise a bit. I arrived unaware of the scrap yard that starts at 6:30 in the morning. Breakfast was way too pricey on top of the price of the room. Won't be going back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2018

I have stayed in this hotel many times with my wife, but this time I visited with my son and brother-in-law for five days of fishing. As always, we could not have asked for better service. A friendly team who went out of their way to assist us and provide service with a smile. I'm not one to usually single out individuals, but Sofia, Hannah, Mike and all their colleagues were absolutely great.

It really added to the enjoyment of our trip and made such a difference to be able to store items in the freezer and even get a coffee offered to us at 06.00am....!

Premier Inn should be proud to have such a dedicated and customer-focused team and I will continue to return each time we are in Plymouth.

Room tip: Ask for harbor view room, if possible.
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Have used this hotel many times over the last 3 years whilst my son has been at University in Plymouth - would highly recommend always very clean - staff very welcoming- location good and food of a high standard with good selection.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com