“It's says fish and chips?!”

Its Our Plaice Fish & Chips
Ranked #303 of 798 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The worse Fish and Chips in this part of Plymouth( honest awful)
On a good note this place sells Kebabbs BUT these are micro waved so not for eating really just to buy if you want to waste £5's on something to put in the bin as as your not sure it's ok to eat.
Keep clear lots of good places around and near

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Friendly crew and near me. Always been good food. Only thing I do not like is the Black Pudding because it is Battered (I do not think it tells you that or I wouldn't have ordered it)? They used to do Pea Fritters but unfortunately have stopped. I have been many times by myself and with a neighbour and intend to carry on doing so, The little car park makes it handy sometimes and a pain at others depending if it is Empty of Full

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Ask for the Large Cod. Brill size. Fresh cooked. Typical great British fish and chips shop. What's more to say, visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

If you want a 'big scoff' this is the place for you.
'Large' is er, large
The large cod is massive... I reckon the biggest portion in Plymouth.
The only issue is the variable quality of the fish and things like saveloys & kebab. You get plenty but, it's not always the best.
On a good day it's great
On an off day... most of it will end up in the bin.
Pity

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I've visited this place a couple of times in the last month. I originally only went because it was close to where I live. I was a little bit dubious given some of the reviews.

When I ordered, the chips, cod, and spam fritter all freshly cooked. The battered sausage was already precooked and in the warmer, but was very good.

A word of warning about the size of the large cod – It is huge! Unfortunately I can't eat white fish, but if I could I would suggest is probably enough for two. If you do decide to get one on your own, I would definitely stick with medium chips!

On another occasion I also tried the black pudding fritter – which I would definitely recommend!

The only real disappointment was The mushy peas – they were quite salty and I ended up leaving them.

The chef and woman at the cash register were both very nice and friendly.

I've already been back here once, and I will definitely be back again in the future.