“Vegan Nirvana!”

Ranked #49 of 800 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in March 2013, Samphire is a family run business & is owned by Head Chef Joe Wadge & Becca Speare. Backed by a passionate team we showcase an array of VEGAN JUNK FOOD! Our menu is full of veganised classic, highly influenced by American cuisine. All meals are freshly made to order and if there are any special dietary requirements we will do our best to meet your needs. We became fully licensed in 2017 & have a superb selection of locally crafted ciders & beers.
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

At the end of a break in Dartmoor we made a trip to Plymouth to the Samphire Brasserie, an all vegan restaurant in the middle of town. Surrounded by rather Brutalist architecture (a personal favourite, I'm a sucker for a nice building made from concrete), this brasserie serves up the most stunning vegan menu this side of LA! (Doomies Vegan Restaurant springs to mind)
With the lunch menu riffing Vegan versions of classic fast food, we both plumped for The Bigger Moc and twice cooked fries. Boy, they were good. Damn it, they were the best vegan burgers we have tried in the UK. Using two house made seitan burgers with layers of vegan cheese and 'special' sauce sandwiched in a sesame seeded bun, the Bigger Moc was superb, I almost cried when I'd finished as I didn't want it to be over! Also knowing a 7hr journey was now between me and a return visit was pretty deflating ! I just had to cheer myself up with a Lotus Cookie Dough dessert. A genius mix of just baked choc chip cookie, vegan ice cream and squirty cream, this hit the spot. With amazing food, a cheery server and a chilled atmosphere all vegans must visit Samphire Brasserie, it should be made law! Go now!

3  Thank MinkyRadcliffe

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Lovely staff and great Vegan food! Lots of things to choose from and really nice atmosphere. Would highly recommend to anyone!

2  Thank Tegan52
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Our waitress was lovely and very helpful despite being busy. It was my niece's birthday dinner and they very kindly added the candles we had supplied to her pudding and dimmed the lights whilst bringing it in with candles lit which we appreciated. All the food was imaginative and it was so nice , as a vegan, to have so much choice but the non vegan members of my family also enjoyed the meal and agreed there was a good selection. We were sorry we had to rush off at the end of the meal without being able to say thank you properly but some of us had to catch a train! Luckily very handy for the Station. We look forward to trying more dishes on our next visit.

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I came across someone's pic of a vegan KFC bucket on the internet, and it got my attention big time. I'm not a KFC fan (even when I wasn't a vegan), but I like creative food, and I knew that making a vegan KFC would involve a lot of creativity, so I knew I had to try and visit this place.
I was on holiday in the area, and of course booked a table for lunch with Samphire Brasserie. I love the decor of the place, it's simple but with great atmosphere and very friendly service from the staff.
We ordered the chicken bucket, and four cheese pizza - both meals tasted incredibly! I can't really choose which was better - the four cheese pizza was the best pizza I've ever tasted (both vegan and non-vegan), it looked quite simple and I was not expecting much, but oh boy did it deliver, it was like a party for my . And the chicken bucket - well that was just fun, fun, fun.
Would definitely recommend and I hope to visit again soon to try some of their lovely deserts (I was too full to try them!).
Overall such a fun place and a must visit for any adventurous vegans :)

1  Thank Kristina D
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Went with friends for the 1st time only 2 being vegetarian but we all loved it. Flavours were lovely and the staff were so friendly and accommodating offered some alternatives when asked can't wait to go back and try more of the menu loved it.

1  Thank rogker