“My favourite place to be. ”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #61 of 790 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our bistrot is housed within Royal William Yard, considered to be one of the most important groups of historic military buildings in Britain. It was built by the Royal Navy between 1825 and 1835 and provided the Navy, at home and sea, with food and drink. Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That’s why you’ll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

The family and I decided to visit this restaurant for a family wake and celebration of my uncles passing. We decided to visit here and I am so glad we did. Upon arrival the staff members, and even the duty manager were impressive. All helping out which is a rarity but the impression of a strong team. My dad ordered a steak, and unfortunately the first time around it was very fatty. However, working in hospitality i was aware this wasn’t the chefs fault, and it happens from time to time. The waitress pascale, was outstanding. Had this rectified right away. Real pleasure being here. Brilliant manager also.

Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Good Morning.
Firstly I would like to thank you for the lovely feedback we have received today, its always lovely to hear that our customers are happy after dining in the restaurant.
we do have a wonderful team who work very hard together and were proud of them all.

for the steak I am sorry it didn't come out right the first time sometimes we do get the odd 1 which cant be helped but always happy to rectify it.

and a personal thank you for the feedback on myself im glad I could help and make the day a little easier for yourself.

we look forward to seeing you again soon.
warm regards
Pascale.M
duty manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,957)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Went as a walk-in on a midweek evening, and got a table for 2 with no problem, there was a lovely atmosphere as Christmas is approaching and the place was dressed accordingly. service very friendly and efficient, we chose from what appeared to be set menu as we did not want a Christmas menu. This is where it started to go down hill, I ordered a chicken dish which when served whichwas obviously a left over Christmas dinner from lunch. The chicken was tough and 2 pieces of stuffing were also charred and hard, it was obvious the the veg which is served in small, very hot dishes on the side had been reheated. When the server came over I mentioned it to her in a polite way, she said she would let the chef know ??. On the plus side my wife had a beef dish which was excellent. This place has a great atmosphere in a great location, it is just a shame about the food. Will we return, no not with so many other options around, the desserts of Creme brûlée were very cold obviously just come out the fridge which summed up the approach to the food served.

Good Morning.
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback as all our customers thoughts are always taken on board.

as for the crème Brule it is a dessert served cold with a Brule effect on the top from the sugar which had been melted and left to set into a hard toffee like substance. so we need the dessert to be cold in order for the sugar to hold and stay hard on the top.

The chicken dishes are all served fresh as non of the food is re-heated I am terribly sorry to hear the food on this occasion wasn't up to our normal standards and I will be speaking the chefs on shift and make sure this doesn't happen again.

for this I do apologise again.

we look forward to seeing you again soon.
warm regards.
Pascale.M
Pascale .M

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I was very impressed with the food and the service. There was a nice gap between courses, not like some restaurants who bring the food far too quickly between courses so you feel rushed. There was no problem staying after to finish our drinks, friendly staff. Recommended.

Manager L, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, it is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks,

Emily Bentley

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Busy, noisy and we were unfortunately placed near the open kitchen so for us ugly. However, we had some TERRIBLE fries that tasted like yesterday's macdonalds and they quickly replaced them with fresh veg and potatoes so that was very good. Service great and staff really helpful.

Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback from your most recent visit with us, and I am sorry to hear it wasn't up to our normal standards. We are a lot of the time a very busy restaurant, but in December we are fully booked most days with lots of large group bookings, dining with us mostly for their x-mas work do, or family parties, so I completely know what you mean when you say it was busy and very noisy. Normally we are able to shuffle the bookings and move guests if they are not happy with their table, but due to the bookings on that evening, this was impossible. I appreciate the lovely feedback about the staff and I will be sure to pass this on to them, as positive feedback is just as important :) I have spoken to the kitchen about the fries you recieved, making sure they keep a close eye on the amount of time they are in the fryer for, but I am glad to hear the issue was rectified with fresh vegetables and potatoes. Many thanks again and we do hope to see you soon.

Warm regards,

Emily Bentley

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Travelling from Australia we met up with friends who recommended this place and new one of the Chefs!
Not at all dissapointed this was a classy place beautifully decorated with festive touches and beautifully lighting made this feel like a special night. Excellent food excellent service wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this plac3 to anyone....first class.

Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you very much for your lovely review! All the team will be delighted to read it.

Enjoy your stay here and hope to see you soon!
Warm regards,