“Excellent fish restaura”

Quay 33
Ranked #22 of 799 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quay 33 Cafe and Restaurant located on Plymouth Barbican with views over Sutton Harbour, just the place to kick back and relax with good local home-made fresh food cooked by Chef Dave Morgan (formerly Chambers and Morgans). Quay 33 is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner and offers an excellent choice of menus. Quay 33 is is run by Dave Morgan and his wife Diane who look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Quay 33 is located in a prime location on Plymouth's Barbican, a sight previously occupied by Piermasters, a Plymouth dining institution. Previous reviews seem to have been universally average, but I enjoyed an excellent meal. The traditional prawn cocktail was delicious, with excellent sauce and great croutons. The duo of fish was even better, with perfectly cooked sea bass and salmon complimented with a creamy prawn sauce. Dessert was less successful, with a very heavy Christmas pudding going down slowly. Good selection of wines. Efficient if slightly cool service.
I do agree the dishes are salty.
In summer I would have thought booking was essential.

1  Thank SB01
Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Quite simply one of the best dining experiences I’ve enjoyed. Relaxed but very lively atmosphere (there were some large groups having a great time!), very friendly and efficient waiting staff and what must be a hugely organised and efficient kitchen with a chef who can come up with delicious food imaginatively and promptly presented. I enjoyed smoked salmon parcel with crab meat; a confit of duck leg with mash potatoes and a Madeira sauce followed by a huge Bailey’s creme brûlée with ice cream. All of it was superb and a joy to eat. Only wish we were staying in Plymouth long enough to eat here again but we’ll be back!

1  Thank Katharine S
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We were slotted in on a busy Friday evening with no prior booking. The food was solid hearty and homemade. Portions were huge, and wine was very reasonably priced. Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank vic y
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch and ordered the fish stew and confit duck. Both were excellent. Reasonably priced and top quality food. The restaurant was full whereas most other restaurants around the Barbican looked rather empty.

1  Thank Perromuerto
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Visited this evening with a friend whilst husbands were at an event. Never been to Quay 33 before and hopefully it won’t be my last visit. We both had the chicken satay as a starter which was really enjoyable, especially the peanut sauce. Then we each had risotto, my friend had the chicken & mushroom and I had the butternut squash, the shavings of Parmesan cheese on top were delightful. We each then had the “mini dessert of the day” with coffee, the dessert being creme brûlée. A mini bottle of Prosecco went down nicely with my meal. We were sat upstairs, which got quite busy but the staff were very attentive. A very enjoyable evening meal, such a shame that I don’t live closer but still a very good excuse to visit Plymouth again ;-). Thank you Quay 33.

1  Thank westlife07