“Perhaps the best English breakfast in the city of Plymouth”

Rock Salt Cafe Brasserie
Ranked #33 of 806 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "Offering a classic mixture of quality food, all day, in a central position. A new cafe built into the shell of a late Georgian corner-pub".
Reviewed 8 December 2017

............for my readers who think I only write negative reviews.

I had passed this place many times before without going on, and when I was younger too, although back then it was a rough "old man's boozer", very different from today with nice neutral decor and it has an open and spacious feeling to it even though its not that big.

Lots of nice little personal touches everywhere and good, friendly service

We both had a breakfast, sorry no photo but I cannot stand people who go to eat and take bliimin photos of it all, not my style!

Anyway, the breakfast is around £8 each or something but its well worth it for the quality you get, its very very good quality indeed, my only gripe would be the egg yolk was not runny (!) but I am being pedantic!

Good quality, thick bacon, quality sausages, a piece of sourdough toast (Although I could done with 2 slices) and would you believe it HOME MADE BAKED BEANS!

They have plenty of other interesting things on their menu and this place although not in a great area, its well worth a look.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank LosGatosbritanicos
Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This evening my partner and I went here for a meal just for something to do......it was wonderful! The food was fab as was the service and the interior is so cute. Would definitely visit again and recommend to others! Great value for money too!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Lucy w
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

A great cafe, I judge by its breakfast. The full english here is a great one. More suprising is the vegetarian one, which my gf had, it not only looked great in colour but tasted awesome, with soy milk in her coffee. I had a latte which has 2 shots as standard. Great coffee. Bright well presented clean lines and thats not just the cafe but the staff to! Shame its 3.5 hrs from us as id love to dine here more often. The sister restaurant we eat in last night. Saloumi and that was outstanding to.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went here before a show. The menu was difficult to choose from as it all seemed so inviting to eat!
The staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the menu.
The food was beautifully prepared and a joy to eat.
Loved this place and will certainly return.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Great food, lovely atmosphere and affordable. What is there left to say? Book a table and enjoy. This is not a large space so book ahead as it has become a popular meeting place. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2017