All reviewsowners were extremely helpfullovely couplespotlessly clean roomreal bonusnice guesthousewonderful hostsevery morningfull english breakfastperfect locationcar parkvisit plymouthfree parkingbreakfast was excellentsea fronttown centrecouple of nightsstayed for nights
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Got lucky and managed to get a room here for a couple of nights during the British Fireworks Championship due to a last minute cancellation! Couldn't have been in a better place just minutes from the Hoe. We did have to share a bathroom but it was very clean and convenient to the room. Parking also available at the rear of the premises.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

4 of us stayed for 4 nights, lovely and clean, good breakfast, Karen and Dave very friendly, even made us a drink on arrival, very convenient for town, barbican and the sea front, will be back next time in Plymouth,

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My mum and myself walked in the the Caledonia to a lovely warm and friendly greeting from Dave and Karen. They showed us to our room, told us if there was anything we needed to just ask. The room was immaculately clean the beds were crisp white linen and so comfy. The tea and coffee was topped up every morning and each day we came back to our room it was beautiful. Everything they do from their beautiful breakfast to keeping the rooms clean, is done with love and pride. We both felt like we were visiting family they make you that welcome. Thank you Dave and Karen we will see you both very soon. Xx

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Just back from a 5 night stay there with my sister,room beautiful and spotless everything in there you need , ensuite excellent plenty of hot water and a breakfast no one could fault perfectly cooked and presented every morning ,David and Karen couldn't have been better host ideally situated the Hoe and town

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I was booked in on a local course by someone else and turned up out of the blue to bump into David & Karen, the owners. They were on their way out for a quick stroll but took the time to book me in and make me feel welcome.

The room was small but well decorated and fitted out, more than adequate for my needs of a comfortable place to stay. The shower bathroom was great after a hard day on my reason for being in the area.

Breakfast was well stocked, with Dave asking for my choice of breakfast of the usual b&b fayre. The full English breakfast was well cooked and plenty enough for me.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that I hadn't booked for the room and that I missed part of a conversation on my course I hadn't realised that I was due to book out at the time that I was required to do so. David called me to ask about this, and despite the fact that I couldn't remove my clothes etc offered me alternative accommodation. I couldn't do this and yet, David and Karen were kind enough to bag all my stuff up and look after it until I could collect it.

If you would like a B&B central to Plymouth city centre and close to the eea front I would highly recommend the Caledonia, David and Karen have been wonderful hosts and I hope to go back there in the future, if I am in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business