All reviews motel style room was clean rooms are basic marsh mills overnight stop light sleeper easy access ground floor stayed nights what it says on the tin plenty of parking buffet breakfast city centre would stay again main road one night stay good nights sleep
Reviewed 26 October 2018

room very clean and everything you need minus a hairdryer so would return. but ,disappointed though at the hotels website saying 24hr bar and cafe yet when we arrived hungry looking forward to food we were told meals started serving at 5 pm and bar shuts for all drinks at 12

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I believe our Assistant Manager spoke with you and apologised that our 24 hour food service was not thoroughly explained to you. Our main menu runs from 5pm to 10pm but we do have food and drink available 24 hours. The hairdryer for your room was in the wardrobe. We have checked and it was there after you rdeaprture.
I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

traveled down from north and just for a change the motorway was clear
arrived a bit early, asked at desk if i could check inaround 12.30.
gentleman at reception very helpfull, had requested ground floor so he moved me to another ground floor which was ready. no charge.
the rooms are basic, beds ok pillows firmdecor dated and rooms could do with a good heavy clean(bathroom floor black in places i tried to mop up a leak from shower but used tissues which turned black) shower curtain seen better days and stained at bottom, some black mould round bath. i did the "out of sight test" ie top of heater in bathroom, door and light fitting, all had a layer of dust. extractor fan did not work and grill on front cracked any time someone flushed toilet it made a very loud noise in my room,.the bedroom carpet was marked in places with white stains.
you think i would complain about these things but no, you pay a low price so you put up with it, the staff and breakfast and parking far outweigh any of the minus points.
thats my opinion
If you stay dont expect 5 star plus its not, parking easy, food ok, rooms well lets say basic.
i would stay again .

Room tip: rear rooms away from main roads
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Richard C
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay despite the shortcomings in the room. Our rooms are due to be refurbished in the coming months so I am particularly pleased that you plan to stay again.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

For the price it’s brilliant rooms lovely perfect for business. I defo come to this hotel again! Can’t moan what so ever ! Friendly staff, right near motorway! Loads off parking what more can you ask for !

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank shane223311
Margaret G, Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Nice, small,clean, quiet hotel. Delicious breakfast :) all staff very friendly and helpful. I will recommend for my friends for sure. Rooms clean and nice, nothing to complain. Free parking.
Thank You!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rutar2013
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, i will pass on your comments to the staff
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I didn't rate this hotel but thats just my veiw Could do with a bit of an upgrade as very scruffy .. Staff very friendly though . as i always say not everyone likes the same thing . food was okay so no problem there

Date of stay: September 2018
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not like the hotel. We are due to be refurbished in the coming months. Perhaps you would give us another try next year?