“Average breakfast”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On the while an average breakfast, a few items on the breakfast need some attention.

Eggs over cooked, yolk should be runny, poached egg well over done, yolk was like a marsh mallow.

Butter should be provided with the toast, we asked 5 times for butter before this request was fulfilled, toast was cold when butter turned up.

Staff very attentive and coffee was offered regularly.

The newspaper selection could be a little less "rightwing" the mirror could be offered as an alternative to Murdoch fake news.

In a nutshell, an average breakfast, price is on the steep side. £11.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Thought we just had sandwiches on granary bread they were gorgeous, a real slice of luxury on a plate. Service was top notch and our waitress was engaging and helpful. Sunday can be very busy, oh and they run a drinks loyalty card.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I visited here for only the second time last week, the first was about 4 yrs ago, and though pleasant it was underwhelming to say the least.
Being located in the grounds of Powderham castle one would expect something a little special and four yrs ago I think perhaps it was but not now.
My friend has a sandwich and I had fishcakes and we shared a pot of tea which the waitress promptly spilled on the table as she put it down soaking my napkin.
The there was no sugar bowl on the table and I had to wait until someone was passing by to attract their attention.
When the food arrived, the fishcakes were fine but the small french fry type chips were obviously frozen and why any establishment other than a greasy spoon would use frozen chips is beyond me.
The portion size was quite poor too for the price.
I would possibly dine here again but it definately needs improving, verdict... Mediocre

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We popped in for coffee and toast for breakfast. Friendly welcome. We have always had cafetière before that seems to have changed for Barista coffee. Although I could see cafetières were on the board but no decaf.
The toast was very poor the thinnest bread and cut into triangles. Toast for me is a reasonable thickness, golden, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Not great at all. Given the wonderful produce this was a bit of a disappointment. We have had really good food previously. Not much care given to decent toast which is a shame. Maybe a small thing but important I feel.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We often call here for coffee. Today we had breakfast, which was very good> x2 poached eggs + bacon + avocado - on toast. It can get busy at times, but well worth a visit. Vegetarian options available.