1,552 results
All reviews magdalen chapter eye hospital the indoor outdoor pool ren toiletries mini bar public car park deluxe room nespresso machine limited parking log burner pay and display wine list public rooms eggs benedict reception area reception desk restaurant staff
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Centrally located in the middle of Exeter in a old building (used as hospital once upon a time - according to some decorative signs from the old time )
Today it’s a Modern hotel

My room was equipped with Nespresso coffee machine and all the regular utilities.

Comfort bed with enjoying excellent sleep

Highly recommend the hotel restaurant too

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
FionaD1777, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We came to stay for a birthday treat and were completely shocked and disappointed!
Payed for a superior room and walked in to find a hole in the duvet cover, feature light full of cobwebs and furniture that has seen better days! Large bed was actually just 2 beds pushed together! Although it’s great that they provide a wet room for disabled guests, this is not what we planned for or were informed of when we booked...it was grubby and unacceptable for a ‘superior’ room! After asking for a manager, (Callum) and taking him to see the room I was met with completely hostility and a vile attitude!
After some half hearted attempts to give us ‘options’ to rectify the situation we took the option to discount the cost of the room (40%) and spent the night there. Wasted weekend we won’t get back!

FionaD1777, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you your feedback following your recent stay - I am sorry you were disappointed to be allocated a Superior bedroom with accessible wet room style bathroom; I appreciate that this did not meet your expectation on this occasion.
I was shocked and disappointed to hear that your duvet cover had a small hole in it - certainly the room attendant should have rejected this and ensure the bed was presented according to our usual high standards. I have also highlighted my concerns to our Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance team that there was cobwebs in the feature light. They have asked to be associated with my apology to you.
I am sorry you found Calum to be hostile and to have a poor attitude; this is most out of character. Please rest assured that I will address this with him personally.
We never wish our guests to leave the hotel with a less than perfect experience and I am sorry that this has been the case on this occasion.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a work trip. Its an amazing hotel, lovely and clean, quick check in and check out, helpful staff and I felt like it was Christmas day when I opened the mini bar! Great bathroom toiletries too. Thanks all for a wonderful stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacqui C
FionaD1777, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for your wonderful feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Cannot praise this hotel and the staff enough!!
Surprised my mum for her birthday with staying here, the staff were so lovely and even bought complimentary champagne to our room as it was her birthday !
Took care of our luggage as we arrived 3 hours early and offered for us to use all the facilities whilst we waited.
We checked in and the room was BEYOND beautiful !! Comfiest bed .. ever !! I slept for 11 hours !!
Cannot wait to return !!!!! And will be in November!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilyged
FionaD1777, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Exeter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next month. Kind regards Fiona Darde

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I have recently attended here for afternoon tea for my friend’s birthday and was very underwhelmed and disappointed with the whole experience.
There were 5 of us and the restaurant was very quiet and yet the service was so slow.
We had to “hunt” down the only person who appeared to be working there so that we could order. The tea arrived in small pots that only held one cup and we were never asked if we would like more and had to ask more than once for hot water so that we could top the tea up. We then had over half an hour wait for the savoury plates to arrive which is just not acceptable because by the time they arrived the one cup of tea we were served was either drank or cold!!! As the wait for the savoury was so long we asked for the cakes to be brought out at the same time to try and avoid further lengthy delays.
For the price you are charging you seriously need to “up your game” Hotel du Vin. You simply do not have enough staff which is not acceptable. Sadly I will not return and will not recommend to other.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank katescoot

Thank you for your additional feedback following your recent Birthday Afternoon Tea at Hotel du Vin Exeter. I am sorry that you felt your tea was not served at the correct pace, we usually reserve tables for 2 hours, as we find most of our guests come to relax and chat throughout the experience. We would usually serve an arrival drink or tea, followed by the savoury items as a first course and then the sweet or dessert course will follow. Tea is replenished prior to 'dessert' course and at any time upon request. I am sorry you were disappointed with the size of the teapots, we are currently replacing this specification with a new loose leaf style.
We will share your comments with the team and commit to chatting with the guests on arrival to understand how 'leisurely' they wish their tea to be. Kind regards Fiona Darde