“Breakfast of champions!”

Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alf's is an exciting fusion of delicious fresh food & drink, vibrant atmosphere, live music & ensuite accommodation in the heart of Dartmouth, Devon. Open 7am-2pm, 7 days a week, all year.We provide a relaxed stress-free environment in which to enjoy tasty, local, freshly cooked food, whilst chatting with family & friends, listening to live music at the weekends. Above Alf's we have a self-contained flat and two B&B rooms, so you can stay too.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Alf's has been a local legend forever, and it was about 20 years since my last visit. As I was taking a group of friends for Sunday brunch I really hoped that it was still going to be good. I needn't have worried!

We got there at about 10.30am on Sunday which must be pretty much peak time. It was very busy and we had to wait for a table for our group of 7, so ordered takeaway coffees to have while we queued.

Once we got a table, which didn't take very long as it turned out, we settled in for a serious brunch. Fantastic breakfasts plus free refills on the tea and toast. What's not to like?

Friendly and efficient staff made it a great success. I won't leave it so long to come back next time.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Visited with pals who had told us all about this Dartmouth institution. We all ordered a different breakfast and they were really accommodating with menu switches. It's also very dog friendly to the point the hound got served before we did - a small dish of tasty sausage slices.

I went for a children's breakfast which offered a slice of bacon, sausage, fresh tomato, toast and fried egg - cooked perfectly served with granary toast which is replenished at no further charge. The size of the breakfast was perfect and actually kept me going all day! The service was efficient and friendly although our meals came out at varying times but it wasn't a major issue. You help yourself to condiments from a varied selection jams, marmalades, Nutella, sauces etc.

Our pals said we must try the cinnamon toast and carved some off theirs off for us to try; huge slices of bloomer bread with buttery, cinnamon sugariness - an acquired taste but great to sample. Reasonable prices, lovely quirky place - would definitely revisit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Went here for breakfast with my brother, my first visit but he's been before. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff and a wide variety of delicious breakfasts, all freshly cooked to order. My brother had spoken to the owner on a previous visit about her home made jams and marmalades, he asked if she had the new rhubarb one and the owner realised it had all gone so she actually went home and 15 minutes later got some more jars especially for us! I would recommend this place and will definitely go again on my next visit to Dartmouth!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Well if you like eggs swimming in grease and burnt bacon hidden under baked beans this is the cafe for you personally it look like it was thrown on the plate. On the other hand the staff were waiting staff were efficient. Not somewhere I want to rush back to.

2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in for breakfast after reading all the good reviews. I can definitely say that the reviews are justified, amazingly friendly staff, quality food, fast service, colouring books and pens for the little ones. Outstanding.