1,700 results
All reviews the river balcony room elemis toiletries wildfire bistro lovely hotel higher ferry first class car park large balcony standard room steam train relaxing stay short break high standard fabulous views night break cooked breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2017

On holiday with my elderly parents. Decided to go for a cocktails at the Dart Marina Hotel and Spa on 17th July. Lovely setting next to the water. Bought a round for 4, 2 cocktails, a half of cider and a pint of ale all for £24.00. So far so good. The cocktails were nice but my pint of ale was limp, warm and flat so I asked the bar maid to take it back, she said the barrel had just been changed so I opted for a pint of lager instead. 10 minutes later the assistant bar manager came out and told me the beer was meant to be like that and that the new pint was 80p more and that I couldn't have it until I paid the difference (not easy when you paid with credit card!). I like beer, no, I love beer and can recognise a dud pint when I taste one. She was incredibly rude and the whole table was taken aback. The 80 p was paid and she left with an extremely snide comment. Completely ruined what should have been a nice relaxing drink with my parents. In all my years of travel I have never come across such dreadful service. I did say something to the manager but am not convinced he was the manager and was not convinced he truly took on board how upset I was. If this is indicative of the Dart Marina hotel and Spa they I will steer clear in the future.

Stayed: July 2017
17  Thank georgesmith50
Reviewed 16 July 2017

The Hotel is well located for the town and river. The staff were wonderful and very helpful, pleasant and efficient. The restaurant was light and airy and the breakfast and dinner ample. We had half-board and had the full a la carte menu, with only a small supplement for the more expensive dinner dishes like rib-eye steak. Our room was kept spotless. The balcony room view was spectacular overlooking the marina, River Dart and the old steam railway that passed on the other side of the river frequently.The only down side was the room was hot at night due to no through draft or AC. All in all a fabulous stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: All balcony rooms face the River Dart and get the morning and early afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We recently stayed at the Dart Marina Hotel for my partners birthday, we had a brilliant time. Nothing was to much trouble and the accommodation was stunning. The view from the balcony over the river was fantastic.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and again the staff could not do enough to help you.

Room Tip: All rooms have a river view, we stayed in their deluxe room which was stunning.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We have just visited the Dartmouth Marina hotel again for a long weekend and stayed in one of their superior Britannia rooms. If we had realised the weather was going to be so good we would have considered booking one of their new top floor balcony rooms. The hotel is in a superb riverside location close to the Upper Dart Ferry and has great views up and down the river and across to Kingswear. It has very good facilities ( including a very good spa) and plenty of outside tables for the good weather. Although we ate out this time the breakfasts are still excellent as are the staff friendliness and efficiency. Would definitely recommend a river trip to NT Greenway( Agatha Christie's Summer House) and Dittisham on the bend in the river plus a trip on the Dartmouth Steam Railway( from Kingswear) and a walk out to Dartmouth Castle( English Heritage) ( from where you can get a ferry back to the town centre). There are some excellent local restaurants such as Rockfish, The Riverside plus the superb Laughing Monk at Strete. A lovely break.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My Mum & I popped over to Dartmouth from Torquay on the higher ferry.
We thought we would see if we could have a table for two for Sunday lunch. They did. We had beautiful table in the window over looking the river. We were very well looked after. The food was delicious. My Mum is in a wheelchair but this was not a problem, I could wheel her straight up to the table & there was a disabled toilet which was spotless. We felt indulged (apart from the request for salad cream, which was met with horror, until I up graded the request to mayonnaise). The decor & the ambience was luxurious. We had a super meal. We had a starter & dessert, skipping the main course. A perfect venue for a wedding reception. Thank you to all.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family