“Fab”
Review of Piestro

Piestro
Ranked #19 of 97 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Went here for tea I had steak pie with mash and my husband had steak and kidney pie with chips. Both where excellent presentation was fab and excellent service thank you

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We called in here for the cream tea and were really disappointed. Small dry scones and hardly any cream or jam to go with them. The most pathetic cream tea we have ever had.
The cafe is nicely set out and the staff were very pleasant.
Other diner's having the menu meals seemed happy enough but they need to up their game with the cream teas.
We won't be returning.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

As we wandered around Dartmouth on a day trip, we came across this cafe - in our hunt for a cream tea. The place looked busy so we decided to go in.
We ordered three cream teas - unaware of the disappointment to follow.
Firstly, the scones, clotted cream and jam arrived. The portion sizes were really poor to say the least. I am not exaggerating when I say that there was literally a heaped teaspoon worth of jam and the same with the cream. Genuinely barely enough to cover one half of one scone (let alone 4 halves).
A few minutes later the tea arrived. A pot for two (between 3 of us) and a small accompanying jug of hot water. It wasnt enough to have two small cups each.
I then asked for some more cream - which was brought to the table without words.
And so to the scones. They were not great at all. They were dry, heavy and not pallatable at all. None of us managed to finish them - and my wife only ate one half of one. They were just really unpleasant.
We paid and left - but wont return. Clearly this bistro is a pie specialist and gets great reviews for them. We made the mistake of going for the cream tea - and it is something they need to review (both in portion size and quality) as they are currently getting it so wrong.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived late in Dartmouth and found this restaurant. Serves homemade pies with nicely cooked veg, mash or chips and gravy. Very tasty with thin pastry. Husband enjoyed the rhubarb crumble and I tried the blackberry ice cream which was excellent. Staff and owner/chef very attentive and doing an excellent job in this recently opened restaurant.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Delicious chicken, ham & leek pie & mash. I'm not usually a pie fan as they can be stodgy, but this was excellent - home cooked and not at all heavy. My elderly mum had cottage pie which was also very good. Both were served with fresh veg and a jug of gravy.