“Fantastic restaurant in Dartmouth”

Taylor's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Price range: US$27 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, quaility dining in Dartmouth's oldest established restaurant run hands on by the proprietors. Excellent river and harbour views with delicious dishes prepared by our classically trained Chef/ Proprietor. Professional service and style.
Reviewed 20 April 2015

If your lucky you can book a table near the window, overlooking the Dart and the boats etc.
Front of house staff are great, very friendly and informative.
The chef has some different ideas some times and what we tried we loved. I missed the venison special as it was so popular but the John Dorey fish platter was great.
This could be the best restaurant in Dartmouth and not too expensive.

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

As we strolled around Dartmouth last Thursday we were so fortunate to find Taylors Restaurant.
Taylors take dining to the very highest standards, coupled with superb service. This restaurant is an absolute must.

Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

Great view. Great service. And the best meal I have had in a long time. I had the beef with peppercorn sauce and my wife the lamb. It was cooked to perfection and the serving size was more than adequate. I have not had a finer meal for a long time. Very good.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We enjoyed the set menu at Taylor's once more and with such great choice available this really is an excellent offering.
Always a friendly welcome and consistent service the food quality and presentation makes each dish taste as good as it looks. Add to this a fine wine list, coffee and the view across the harbour and the Dart. Looking forward to next time already...

Reviewed 6 April 2015

The food was very good. That is the first time I have had crab thermidor and I would definitely recommend it for seafood lovers. The decor was not to my taste but perfectly nice and the atmosphere was great. The restaurant was full and the staff were exceptional with their customer service. We originally were sitting in the corner which I wasn't too happy about as there was a table near the window which was unoccupied overlooking the harbour. Before I had a chance to ask to be moved another waitress came over and suggested we move from the corner as it wasn't a very good spot to the other table. Throughout the evening her attention to detail was excellent. This made the restaurant stand out for me as the food was on par with other restaurant in that price bracket.