“Always a great choice to have dinner”

Kendricks Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have eaten here many times before, with friends or even just with my partner and I have never had a bad meal.
The service is excellent and the food is great. I would recommend the salmon and the ribs!
I recently ate here for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and even though there was 12 of us the service was great. Being in a large party they do ask that you chose from a set menu but this doesn't have to be ordered in advance.
I always recommend this place to family and friends!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Food excellent; Staff pleasant. One of the only places we have found in Dartmouth that is not Fish, Fish and more Fish!

Meal/experience ruined by two female diners who had not been fitted with volume switches. Very loud and noisy, way above normal restaurant chatter.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Absolute taste sensation. Visited Kendricks using my trusty TripAdvisor app as a guide...the previous reviewers were not wrong, the food was excellent.

I had the goats cheese salad to start followed by the very reasonably priced rump steak with peppercorn sauce. Steak cooked to perfection, all incredibly flavoursome. My SO had ribs followed by peri peri chicken...definitely go with the roast baby potatoes, absolutely great.

Pudding was some incredible chocolate and toffee, mousse cake...again it was just great. Along with a bottle of red the whole thing cost only £40 per head.

Just wish we visited Dartmouth more often so we could go again and again.

1  Thank Surfsandandsea
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great food - we enjoyed our evening. Service was prompt, the food tasted great and the ambience was lovely.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Walk in for early evening dinner and luckily we got a table, as the restaurant filled up very quickly after we arrived.
My wife opted for starter and main course off the daily specials board while I went from the main menu.
She loved her Minted Courgette soup to start and my Baked Whole Garlic Bulb with Brie was delicious.
Her Bream en papillote with crushed potatoes was lovely and I was amazed to see her clear her plate!!!
My perfectly cooked rare sirloin was excellent and it was nice to have sauté onions served with it rather than the usual onion rings.
Unfortunately weren't able for desserts.
Great value as well.