“Great Hot Cornish Pasty”
Review of The Cornish Bakery

The Cornish Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Tintagel
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife has never tried a Cornish Pasty. We visited this cosy little Bakery/Cafe and she tried a hot Cornish Pasty, she is now an addict. Highly Recommend give them a try.

tintagel950, General Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi John,

Thank you very much for leaving us such a great Review! I am so pleased that our pasties converted your wife into a pasty addict!
We certainly have enough pasties here to keep her going!
Hopefully we will see you again so that you can both try some of our other great pasty flavours!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We popped in here after spending the morning at Tintagel Castle. There was a queue out of the door which made me think that’s a good sign! The fact of the matter is that where they serve you leaves not much room for many customers which then leads to people queuing out of the door ( if more than 2 groups queuing)

I had traditional pasty which was ok - my daughter chose the cheese pasty but wasn’t keen. I tried it and could see why as it was very cheesy

We did have a treat each - I chose saffron bun and my daughter chose a swirly bun and we both thoroughly enjoyed these

All of this and 2 drinks came to just under £13

We used the toilet before leaving as from Tintagel we were then heading home to York - but there was only one toilet meaning a big queue!

If coming back to Tintagel I would definitely chose somewhere else to eat/buy food

tintagel950, General Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Briony,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback is much appreciated. I’m pleased that you chose to visit us during your time in Tintagel and I am disappointed that your visit was not as good as you had hoped!
Unfortunately the layout of the building is not ideal when it comes to people queuing out of the door but my team endeavour to get through any queues that build up as quickly as possible to ensure that any build up is kept to a minimum.
I’m pleased that you liked our traditional pasty and our pastries, we have a good selection of pastries and they definitely are a great sweet treat. Thank you for your feedback regarding the cheese and onion pasty, it is a very popular choice of pasty, especially with vegetarians so I will definitely look in to this. All of our pasties are handmade so ingredients can vary slightly from pasty to pasty.
We do hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you in future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Amazingly tasty Cornish pasty! Went for traditional and wasn’t disappointed! Packed with filling and tasty pastry all handmade! Thoroughly recommend on a cold Easter lunchtime!

tintagel950, General Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi,

Thanks very much for leaving us such a great review!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your Traditional pasty! Our recipe is award winning and really is delicious!
Hopefully we will see you again soon to try some of our other delicious products!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 March 2018

As I local I pop in here from time to time. The staff are always lovely and friendly and I enoy going in there. The food is absolutely delicious, particulary the cherry and almond pastries and the carrot cake. The pasties are really delicious as is the barista coffee and teas. A lovely modern cafe with great decor which gives it a quality feel. Nice that you can find Cornish Bakeries in other towns as well as it has several stores.

tintagel950, General Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review!
I'm glad that you frequent our café! It is a great place to find your perfect Cornish Moment!
The Cherry and almond croissants are certainly one of the favourites!
Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Visited the shop yesterday at around 12 oclock before a walk around the town. Was served by a young girl, in a stripey blue top, who was being trained (as I was told by a very rude older member of staff). I was delighted with the service I recieved from the girl, however the way the lady dealt with her and myself was very unprofessional. It made me feel uncomfortable and by the looks the young girl too. However, my pasty was lovely and served with a high level of customer service from the young lady. Just a shame about the rude member of staff. As there really wasn't any need for her to explain to me that she yet didn't have a job and was only in the shop on a trial shift to see if she was any good.

Overall nice shop, shame about the one lady.

tintagel950, General Manager at The Cornish Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.
I am sorry to hear of your experience on this occasion.
I have spoken to the team that was in on Thursday and can assure you that a situation such as this will not happen again.
I am glad that you enjoyed your pasty during your visit with us and hope that this experience won't put you off of visiting us again in the future!
Hope to see you again.