“I would recommend to everyone”
Review of Port William Inn

Port William Inn
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Tintagel
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path.
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location on the edge of the cliff looking over the sea. So peaceful and beautiful. I had a delicious meal of scampi and chips which I thoroughly enjoyed. My friend had the battered cod which was unfortunately a bit soggy. But the views made up for this.
I would recommend to anyone in Cornwall as the views are perfect.

PWGM, General Manager at Port William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you Megan S for your review.
I will make sure the chef gets your comments about the cod and hope you can return again soon to see an improvement.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

A lovely pub on the cliff at Trebarwith Strand. Just the way I remembered it. Great staff and great coffee..... Will have a meal next time.

1  Thank Mark M
PWGM, General Manager at Port William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Mark M and thank you for your review.
I'm glad the Port William lived up to your memories and hope it created some more.
Hope you can visit again soon.
Regards, Mike - GM

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We just had a coffee so we cannot judge the food (but the plates we have seen were very nice). Friendly staff and a superb view

Hi paolovbossi and thank you for your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed our amazing location and hope you can return again soon - maybe for food next time.
Regards, Mike - GM

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We went on a sunny day as did lots of other people to see the sunset. We ordered food soon after 7pm and were told there was a 1 1/2 hour delay which turned out to be 2 1/2 hours. The food when it arrived was good but it was far too late to eat. Perhaps best to go when it is raining.

PWGM, General Manager at Port William Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hi Mandy C and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Unfortunately our kitchen has been swamped by demand on certain nights this year, with an exceptional increase in customers. I apologise that you didn't get the service you should of and that you didn't enjoy your evening.
We have implemented various systems to try and help with the wait times and I hope you can visit again to see some differences.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This Inn really surprised us, we really enjoyed the generous cream teas with scones still warm and obviously just made, we also had one evening meal, wonderful fish and far too many chips, and a nice chicken burger, local cider. Friendly service. Highly recommended

Thank you James B for your 5* review.
I'm glad that your visit to our fantastic inn was an enjoyable one. I hope you can return again soon.