“A little gem of a restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old Watch House
Ranked #11 of 18 Restaurants in St Mawes
Reviewed 21 September 2017

A lovely warm summer's day and my wife wanted to eat at the Relais and Chateau nearby . I took an instant dislike to their menu which seemed more a menu for the chef's ego than for the lunch time holidaymaker ! We chose the Old Watch House on the second viewing of their menu and when the food arrived knew we had made a excellent decision. A decent menu . My wife and I chose 2 starters which we then shared.For the main course I chose the goujons which were more like fillets and they were superb. My wife chose the fish and chips which was excellent .The house white wine was very good and overall this was an excellent experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We love this restaurant - I remember it years ago before it was done up and it really is lovely now - great goujons and mussels, welcoming staff and the watch out takeaway does fantastic fish and chips so I guess the restaurant option will also be very good!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Our first time in ritzy St Mawes and caught up with two friends who had kind booked this restaurant just around the corner from their holiday cottage. Traditional decor, attentive staff and a largely sea food menu - all of which was delicious! Enjoyed with thanks!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Good and friendly restaurant with a wide variety of dishes including delicious seafood plates, conveniently located by the harbour.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Plenty of menu choice, well cooked food and excellent customer service led us eat here every night of our three day stay.