“Delicious seafood and relaxed friendly service ”
Review of The Watch House

The Watch House
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in St Mawes
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We had a really delicious dinner at The Watch House tonight and would recommend a visit if you are in St Mawes.

Pros-

Scallops , mussels, plaice and hake were all wonderful. Really tasteful and beautifully cooked.

Service and welcome were warm and friendly

Nice bottle of chilled dry white wine

Felt like we had a delicious meal at a fair price .

We will return

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

After wandering around St Mawes trying to decide what to eat, we thought we would make the most of the evening sun and get some fish and chips and sit on some nearby benches to enjoy the view.

The chips were really tasty but they were quite expensive for a chip shop and unfortunately I think we had the last of the portion as we had a lot of little crispy bits rather than full chips.
The other half had fish which he said was very good and he thoroughly enjoyed it whereas I had a portion of curry sauce. I thought the curry sauce wouldn't be enough as it is quite a small pot, but it's very rich and delicious so you don't actually need as much!

We would eat here again and would recommend others to have a lovely takeaway and enjoy the view instead of being hidden in a restaurant!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We came here three times during our five night stay in St Mawes. With every single visit the food and the staff were consistently exceptional. Great value for money. Should be ranked as no1 place to eat in St Mawes. The setting, lay out and ambience all fab.

1  Thank Nottmduo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We ate here after arriving by ferry and checking out several other places. I wanted one of their specials which they told me they weren't serving anymore. However, they made one up especially for me. My husband enjoyed his meal as well. The staff was very nice, and this was the perfect prelude to our castle visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

It was a lovely warm day so we decided to have a fish and chip takeaway. My husband had regular fish and chips, this was cooked fresh the fish was cooked to perfection lovely and white in great batter, the chips were also lovely. I had the fishwich, which was 4 cod gougons cooked to perfection in a bap with tartare sauce and crushed minty peas. What a treat!