“Fantastic location and Value for money!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Max W
“Nice place/probably wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Apartment was nice, although a little small. Kitchen was well equipped, but plates/trays/cutlery hadn't been properly cleaned from the last people. 4 kids in the flat upstairs running all over the place from 7am everyday was quite annoying. The house next door is also being redone so building work started at 745 everyday. We got no instructions from the owner, I messaged on the day we were going down to get the code for the key safe, would have been nice to get an email a week before.

11 Apr 2016
Hello. Sorry you had these issues.
I have passed your cleaning comments to the cleaning team, size wise it is as advertised which is a one bed apartment, this is also reflected in the price you paid compared to other properties in St Ives.

Thank you for the feedback that you didn't get the email.. if not told I won't know as it shows as sent on my email. I will from now on be following the email with a message on holiday lettings.

As for the building work I was unaware of this and as I live 8 hours away from the property I have asked my cleaning team to update me with regards to live issues so I can pass them on.

Richard
whitt181
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location and Value for money!”
Reviewed 2 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Arrived on a Friday afternoon welcomed with scones/jam and gorgeous clotted cream, even fresh milk in the fridge for a cup of tea after a long journey! Such a lovely touch! The apartment was lovely and clean, warm and very comfortable. Wi-fi signal was great and is important as I need it for business while away. A great location, just a 5 min walk to Fore Street. We had yet another lovely stay in St Ives and found Lyonesse to be superb value for money, we will definitely be returning here and have already recommended to friends and family. Thank you for a lovely stay in your apartment!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Mar 2016
Thank you and welcome back anytime.

Kindest regards Richard
Mark H
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic apartment”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We have just returned from a 9 day stay at the lyonesss apartment.

We arrived late evening on the Saturday to find an immaculately clean apartment with a unexpected but welcome bottle of champagne, scones with cream and jam and a bottle of milk. A really appreciated touch.

The apartment comes with everything you would expect and includes a nice selection of games, books and dvds

The apartment is in a great location and only a 5 min walk into St ives centre and porthminster beach.

We experienced excellent communication with the owner who promptly responded to any queries.

I was more than happy with our stay and for the price I think this represented excellent value for money.

Negatives - can't say there was anything that would warrant a negative comment.

So the key questions would we stay again - yes and we will be, should you stop- yes. Happy to answer any questions

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
jen B b
Truro, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
Reviewed 10 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I made two bookings for this flat without seeing it first. When I turned up I was absolutely disgusted to find how filthy and dirty the kitchen was, with an odd smell in the air. I went straight to Tesco to buy an antibacterial spray. The bedroom furniture was shabby, and sleeping in that bed felt like I had done ten rounds with Tyson. However I grit my teeth knowing I was booked in again at a later date. Sadly a family member passed away and due to the funeral I had to cancel. I have not received not one word of condolence from Mr Hurst or a penny back of the £150.00 paid for the flat I will no longer be staying in.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Feb 2016
This lady has NEVER stayed at the apartment. She booked and cancelled, moved the booking then cancelled again. We have done everything we could to avoid her losing out on money even to the point of losing out on income myself!

The beds are new pocket sprung with memory foam toppers.

I offered my condolences by email and refunded 50% of her stay costs as per the published cancellation policy on holiday lettings.

Please see my reply below with the date sent copied and pasted direct from the email which I am happy to show anyone via a screen shot.
YouFeb 13
Hi Jen

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

As a gesture of goodwill I moved your break so lost income for one stay. What I should have done was cancel the booking and rebook however you would only have got 50% back due to holiday letting cancellation policy so I decided to simply move it and lose out myself.

Due to your circumstances I will refund half of the amount I get which is after all holiday lettings costs and paypal fees which I get for receiving the money.

Please provide your PayPal email so I can return this to you.

Kindest regards Richard
alexhG636...
Bradford, United Kingdom
“As described on the box but beware if things go wrong....”
Reviewed 20 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Super apartment and location with everything as described and no surprises.... until we discovered the shower not to be working on the evening of our arrival so texted the owner to alert him. We finally heard from the owner 24 hours later & he arranged for a plumber to visit the next day. Unfortunately no plumber ever arrived so ultimately we had no shower facility for our 4 night stay. The owner agreed to compensate us however we have yet to receive the £70 promised. There is sports centre with shower facilities close to the local car park. Very disappointing communication and follow up service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked least: lack of shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
25 Dec 2015
The customer was responded to within 2 hours of receiving the text. A plumber was organised but unfortunately let us down by not turning up. The customer didn't communicate that he hadn't been when we were told otherwise by the plumber.
When I was finally told it hadn't been fixed I arranged for another plumber to attend who did and all was repaired.
The refund was sent as soon as the customer sent over his bank details and is showing as complete on the statement.
I was even prepared to drive the 7 hour journey to repair the shower myself if the second plumber didn't attend.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing