“Excellent Quality”

Porthminster Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Porthminster Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 163 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Cornish beach café using local produce to the best of our ability, producing modern European dishes with a Pacific Rim influence. We pride ourselves on the best service we can deliver, and experiences our customers will remember. Apologies, but we do not accept dogs in our restaurant or on our terrace.
Reviewed 16 July 2018

No cheap but you really get what you pay for. Very good service. perfect location with excellent views. The way to end a day on the beach. Highly recommend

Write a ReviewReviews (3,025)

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Book early and phone directly if you want abtable by the window, on the deck with a view. You get StIves harbour thrown in and a view out to the Godrevy lighthouse and Carbis bay.
This placemalways does fantastic sea food. The hake and seafood linguini were cooked to perfection. Dessert was gorgeous Tamarillo and rhubarb and meringue delight. Nowhere is cheap these days, but some places are expensive and the food and ambience are terrible. Here's the dream spot with beautiful food to match. Lovely staff. I really can't fault it

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Having been here couple years ago myself and my daughter booked online 2 weeks in advance. A beach view was requested in additional notes at time of booking.
I popped into the resaurant the day before to confirm the booking.
On arrival we are not given the option of a beach view table and told we can take any of the 3 possible tables free in middle of restaurant. So why did i need to book only to be offered 3 unpopular tables,?
We chose a table and checked the menu. Tbh I found it a bit limited and struggled to find something I really fancied. Having had monk fish curry the previous visit. Ended up with steak and chips. Rump at that. At £25 for rump..I thought it was a bit over priced.
Whilst waiting for our food..2 couples arrived on spec and were offered tables on terrace with sea views. Totally hacked me off!
What I hoped would be a lovely meal with great views turned into and expensive mistake.
Ive always admired this restaurant but Im afraid it seems to only have one type of clientele in mind.
Wont be returning.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I can't fault the view or service, both excellent however having eaten at both the Digey Deli and Porthmeor Cafe on previous days the breakfast here really seemed below par. I had bubble and squeak with boiled eggs - the tiniest portion of food and quite cold. The view is brilliant though hence the 4 stars.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Excellent restaurant overlooking the beach. Great choices and outstanding service. The fish and shellfish are particularly good