“Sunshine on a plate”

Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in St Ives
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Whether you're looking for a proper Italian coffee or a traditional cup of tea, a beautiful Italian pud or a proper Cornish cream tea, Italian cured meats or Cornish cheeses, The Pier Coffee Bar is the right place. Also fully licensed for you to enjoy a refreshing beer, a fine glass of wine or an authentic italian aperitif.
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Having returned to living in St Ives after a few years residing elsewhere I was so thrilled to be able to come back to the Pier. St Ives has alot of really great restaurants and cafès - this is one of the best!!
The bruschetta is one of the tastiest things you'll ever eat. Just pure sunshine on a plate!
The Italian hot chocolate is smooth and amazing. Definately try the nutella milkshake too.
Yesterday I had lemon tart and my boyfriend had chocolate cake/tart/amazingness!!!
The food here is incredible and Steffi and Alex are so lovely...

Reviewed 25 May 2018

We have visited this coffee shop each time we have visited St Ives in the last few years.
Considering the number of coffee shops/restaurants in St Ives,this is the one we pick every time.
The wonderful couple who own this shop could not be any better, they are friendly, very polite, helpful and superb at what they do.
Although they have a choice of delicious food,I am afraid we are thoroughly spoiled by their Blueberry Muffins !!
If you haven't tried them, you must, we have been lucky enough to have them warm from the oven ( we can't wait until they are cold !! ) they are packed with berries, and have Cinnamon sugar on the top, it's a good thing that I don't live in St.Ives or I would be huge as I can't resist them!
The shop isn't overly big, but is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated.
You could not wish for a lovelier couple who are so good at what they do, as nothing is too much trouble and they are so welcoming.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The only problem with this place is that no dessert from now on will ever compare to their chocolate torte. I'm not ashamed to say that we returned for the torte every day of our visit. The service was extremely friendly and it had the best hot chocolate for miles. Could not beat it. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

This coffee shop serves really really great coffee. My cappuccino had perfect foam, perfect chocolate sprinkles and a perfect milk to coffee ratio. This was all served at a perfect temperature AND I drank one everyday for a whole week so this review is well researched.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were just walking past and decided to stop in. It’s very small with only a few tables but it’s well decorated and very clean.

The staff were all friendly, and the drinks were excellent. I would especially recommend the Italian Hot Coffee. Oh my...

The Pier allows dogs too and there were a couple enjoying the rest as we ate and drank.

Prices were certainly reasonable too!

Definitely recommended.