1,766 results
All reviews sea view parked our car wedding venue visited this hotel overlooking the beach public areas fish and chips amazing views out of season short break night break lovely room josh jacuzzi harbour st ives
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice comfy room, lovely bed and very clean. An amazing view on the sea side from bedroom.
The breakfast area has an amazing view on the sea side, arrive early to be seated at a window! Large selection of food, set as a buffet.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a great 4 star review on Trip advisor. I am really pleased that you thought your bedroom was nice and comfy with a lovely bed and very clean with amazing sea views. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed your breakfast at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We stayed here 12 months ago and it was lovely, my husband booked for my birthday as a surprise. Reception staff lovely, our room which was supposed to be a expensive sea view, the ceiling had water stains on it, chairs had stains on them and the carpet was disgusting. The bathroom wasn't much better as the light and mirror were covered in dust.
The breakfast wasn't good, food cold and scrambled egg looked horrible, poached didn't look too good.
It wasn't the birthday weekend surprise my husband had hoped for and it was not like the hotel we stayed in last year.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Claire for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you thought that the reception staff were lovely, i will be sure to pass on your kind comments. I am really sorry to read that you were disappointed with your bedroom, please be assured we are having a full bedroom and corridor refurbishment this coming winter, so this will improve the issues you had within your bedroom. I am also disappointed to read about the breakfast you received, i will be sure to look into this further with my chef, as this certainly isn't the usual level of practise here. I sincerely hope you will return to the hotel again in the future, once our refurbishment has taken place. Kind Regards, Peter.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

The good points are the spar, restaurant and staff. Ido have to tell you that my sister in law was roomed in201 and I wouldn't recommend that room even to anybody especially older people. Constant smell of the sewer and some health and safety issues. ( they moved out of the room after 2 days)My wife and I had a nice room and I enjoyed the stay. Ienjoyed all facilities as they were excellent. The food was great too, but the chef must remember to serve the gravy/jus in a jug and not pour it over the plate as the strength of the jus is too much for the meal. I still had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Don't accept room 201. Go for a room with a seaview
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Peter for your great 4 star review. I am delighted that you and your wife had a nice room and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to read that you thought the food was great, and that our facilities are excellent. In regards to your sister in law's room, we are due this winter to have a full refurbishment on our bedrooms, so this should improve significantly any issues they experienced. I also take your comment on board in regards to your food, and i will be sure to mention this to the chef. I am pleased you would recommend us to anyone, and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

The hotel is apparently being upgraded room by room. On arrival we were shown into room 310 which was incredibly small & looked out onto the street. The bathroom was also very small. We had got a good deal and reasoned that we would be out most of the day so the size could be overlooked. We had just got undressed when they lights went out, not sure what the problem was but it was the we realised we didn't have a phone in the room to call downstairs. The next morning they changed our room to a slightly larger one with a better view & a phone We found the reception rooms pleasant although the lighting in the reception nearest the bar was too dim to even read the menu. The food was good,the staff warm & friendly. We each had a massage and that was excellent. The pool area needs cleaning and outdoor shoes should not be allowed in there.overall it was good value for money

Date of stay: November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your first room, however i am pleased we were able to move you to a more suitable room the next day. I am pleased that you thought the food was good, and that the staff were all warm and friendly. It is also great to read that you thought your massage was excellent. The staff regularly read the reviews, so they will be pleased by your kind comments. Outdoor shoes are not allowed in our pool area, so i am extremely sorry if this was the case whilst you were there. I will mention this with my spa manager. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. All the best, Peter.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

This is a pleasant hotel with helpful staff but with some rooms that are poor (or was ours the only one?). The terrace is nice and views on the seaward side very pleasant. Our room on the road side of the hotel was extremely noisy because we were at street level on one of the main roads climbing out of town with no double glazing. We couldn't open the curtains because people passing at eye level could look right in. Didn't even have net curtains. So no chance of enjoying the daylight as you woke up in the morning. Very large bathroom was daft with no shelves to put things and no hooks to hang things up. We did manage to get some hooks screwed on to the door and also got the door adjusted so it would close. Fortunately there was a big window sill on which to plonk things. Even after several weeks back at home to cool off I think this hotel is very over-priced. Accommodation in Britain has come a long way over the decades and is now generally good. the owners and management of this hotel should really take more interest in the detail including spending a few nights in one of those rooms. Probably means investment. But the on-site staff soldier on and do their best for guests. To end on a positive note, cuisine, including bar snacks, was good.

Room tip: You must get a room on the seaward side AND away from both 'ends' of the hotel if you need a quiet room for a good night's sleep.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Thank you Phil for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate all feedback as it helps us as a team to continue to learn and improve. We are due to have a full refurbishment on all our bedrooms and corridors this winter, so this should hopefully improve the issues you had. It is pleasing to read that you found the staff to do their best for guests and that you thought the food here was good. I sincerely hope you will return once our refurbishment has taken place. All the best, Peter.