“Stunning setting”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful pub set in stunning grounds with a babbling brook, lovely garden and a fully working water wheel. It's breathtaking.
We went for dinner on the first night of our holiday and it was lovely. We had brie for starters followed by mixed grill, fish and chips and lasagne. It was all very tasty and fresh.
The only let down for us was how many people they tried to squeeze in. Everyone was sat very close to each other and it felt quite uncomfortable.
The staff are very friendly and the service was quick.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Booked a table here while we were on holiday in St Ives. We had a table in the upstairs part of the restaurant ,which is a lot quieter than downstairs.The staff here are all very friendly.The meal we had was really tasty and big portions.Although we were both very full we just couldn't resist the tempting puddings on the menu.i had sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and ice cream.My husband had the warm chocolate and raspberry brownie with ice cream.Both were presented lovely.The flavours were the best we have ever had.Wish this restaurant was near to us back home.Overall the best meal of our holiday.Would definetly recommend.

1  Thank pearcep2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch wow the food was amazing loads of veg and large slices of meat. Staff are nice and helpfull will differently return

1  Thank W3990GTandyh
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Went for lunch with my family; I ordered fish pie which is one of my favorite dishes. I was very disappointed as the description on the blackboard suggested it would be full of fish but did not mention all the carrots and celery that were in it. Sadly there was also very little fish! I had not intended to complain but when I was asked by the waitress how the meal was I answered her honestly and said I had not enjoyed it and explained why. I was simply told she was sorry it wasn't to my taste. At £12.95 I thought this was rather over priced for the dish considering how little fish was in it and I felt that they could have at least apologised. The meals my family had appeared to be generally ok.

3  Thank Ladyginger1
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The food was lovely , plenty of room the car park was very busy and a bit tight in a 4x4 .Overall highly recommend.

1  Thank Wendy R