1,198 results
All reviews porthminster beach on the rocks roof terrace st austell brewery balcony room station car park rooms are small non residents stunning views overlooking the sea sound of the waves fantastic location cream tea fish and chips family room breakfast was excellent short break
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This hotel just has it all! The room ( we had a compact and efficient one) had a view that was so beautiful overlooking the ocean. We could hear the waves crashing as we fell asleep. The beds are so comfortable, so sleeping was so restful! The food was delicious and staff are friendly and helpful. The added bonus is that we could walk to the beach below or into the quaint town of St. Ives. Do not forget your bathing suit as they have a swimming pool that looks over the ocean. Hard to leave......

Room tip: No room is a bad room unless you do not like ocean views and waves crashing in.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish W
PednOlva_Hotel, General Manager at Pedn Olva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Trish W,
Thank you for your 5 star review "Top of the line experience". It was lovely to hear about all your wonderful trips around England which resulted in us being your final destination in St Ives.
We do hope that whilst back in Canada - you enjoy a glass of wine looking at the photograph of our beautiful Hotel surrounded by the stunning background of St Ives Bay.
Best wishes,
Mrs Kellie-Jane McKeown
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and our 9 month old son stayed at the hotel. The rooms were clean and plenty of room for cot. The food was excellent and the staff were really helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotels for families. Very close to the beach and has excellent amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with family
PednOlva_Hotel, General Manager at Pedn Olva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Pedn Olva.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with your room and the customer service that you received from the team.

I will of course pass your comments on to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Couldn't love this place more. Right on the waters edge with a pool, roof top terraces and a beautiful contemporary and modern interior. The staff are conscientious and very friendly. Two nights were not enough here, I could stay for weeks wether it was summer or winter.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank misterbno1

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Pedn Olva.

As you mention we are in an extremely enviable location with panoramic views across the bay and beaches from every aspect. We are indeed in a very lovely part of the world.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the team and I will happily pass these on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed in this hotel in a single room 10,beautifully refurbished as one of the receptionist had mentioned to me on the phone. Perfect size for me, everything that you could imagine! Wide shower, lovely shower gel I must say! Immaculate clean.The lovely young lady 'Natasha' who done my room and cleaned it everyday. In a poilet note I did left a tip at Reception for her, i was thoroughly pleased indeed.

Breakfast was lovely best part of my stay apart from the spectular views from the hotel windows! Extremely friendly staff go out the way for you if you need it!
Thankyou Pedn Olva
Ella x

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Pedn Olva.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us at the Pedn Olva.
Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to make sure the rooms are immaculately presented for our guests and I will of course pass your lovely comments on to the Team.

I hope we can welcome you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Pedn Olva for 3 nights, 17th to 20th of May. We had room 21, which is next to the pool. This room is a dog friendly room, and we took our small dog with us. Our room was lovely, very clean, with a beautiful view. Breakfast was fantastic, really good quality food, and plenty of it. The lovely lady serving at breakfast even brought the dog a sausage every morning.
Our stay was well worth the cost, the hotel was really nice, well kept, and we would stay again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank C4385GNjuliec

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our poolside rooms, as you say the views are quite special from those rooms and uninterrupted.

I am glad that 'Pooch' was spoiled at breakfast time as they are as much part of the family as the human guests!!

I look forward to welcoming you and Pooch back again soon.