1,184 results
All reviews porthminster beach on the rocks roof terrace st austell brewery balcony room station car park rooms are small non residents stunning views overlooking the sea fantastic location fish and chips cream tea family room short break breakfast was excellent biscuits
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This hotel was an absolute highlight of my year, and my family's. We loved every single part of the time we spent at Pedn Olva and plan to return as soon as possible!

The location of the hotel is awesome, with views all the way around the bay. It was great to sit in the heated swimming pool and watch the paddle boarders and swimmers. We were in the two rooms right next to the swimming pool, away from the rooms on its own side of the hotel. This meant we had incredible views of the sunrise and it was worth every single penny.

Breakfast was lovely, with a huge range of food and great service. We had bar meals one evening and these were tasty, with large portions and good prices. My grandparents had chicken for dinner one night whilst my Mum and I went out, and they said it was stunning.

Staff at the hotel were really lovely and couldn't do enough for us, whether this was the morning papers, directions or recommendations, carrying our luggage or re-stocking our tea tray in the room (we drink a lot of tea!)

The hotel itself is really clean, modern and well kept. We felt really welcome and will definitely be returning to Pedn Olva - it was incredible. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would have a great view!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
PednOlva_Hotel, General Manager at Pedn Olva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay here at the Pedn Olva.

I am thrilled that we managed to not only meet but exceed your expectations to help you have a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us.

I will of course pass your lovely comments on to the Front of House team who take great pleasure in providing first class customer service.

The kitchen team do indeed work hard to provide high quality fresh produce with ample portions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pedn Olva in the near future.

Kellie-Jane McKeown

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We had dinner here on our one night in St Ives and sat on the terrace with a great view out to sea.
The food was good quality although nothing special.
The bar is well-appointed and enjoyed the local lager.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review of your recent meal at the Pedn Olva.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our enviable views on our terrace and that you were pleased by the quality of the food.

I hope I can welcome you back to the Pedn Olva in the near future.

Kellie-Jane McKeown

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Just back from two weeks in St ives, we visited the hotel most days and we were impressed by the staff, all were very pleasant and efficient, the Sunday roasts and the many pints of my favourite beer,Tribute.
See you again in March...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
PednOlva_Hotel, General Manager at Pedn Olva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your visits to the Pedn Olva.

I am delighted that you were impressed by the team here who do work hard to provide first class and friendly customer service.

I will of course pass your lovely comments on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in March where I shall make sure there is plenty of tribute awaiting your return.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Four of us went for Sunday lunch and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Three had the Sunday roast and were really impressed with the quality of the food and portion sizes. I had a steak, and that was great too.

One of the group was on Slimming World and the waitress went way above and beyond to ensure that the meal was fat free and inline with SW. Just fabulous.

The service from all the staff was impeccable, the atmosphere was lovely, and the view .... well, just stunning.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent lunch here at the Pedn Olva.

I am delighted that you and your guests had an enjoyable Sunday Lunch with us and that the staff were able to provide 'Sin Free' alternatives to one of your party.

I will happily pass your comments on to the team who take great pleasure in providing first class service and where possible help with all dietary requirements.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Visited this Hotel's restaurant on Saturday 12th Nov 2016 to celebrate a birthday, having had high expectations on quality and service were very disappointed in their service, side order is meant to be served with the meal and certainly not when meal was nearly consumed, ruined the meal completely.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephenl932016
PednOlva_Hotel, General Manager at Pedn Olva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent meal at the Pedn Olva.

I must apologise that all the dishes did not come out at the same time and will of course speak to the Restaurant and kitchen team regarding this.

If you would like to contact the hotel direct I would be happy to go through the issues with you.