“Okay... not very fresh”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

After reading all the reviews we couldn’t not eat here.

We ordered chicken wings and nachos to start. Nachos were very disappointing after reading the reviews. Nachos weren’t fresh, salsa was not fresh, guacamole was not fresh. For a Mexican you would expect them to be especially as they do make fresh salsa for the fajitas.

For main we had prawn and steak fajitas, which were okay, and the chimichanga which was nice but came with HORRIBLE packed microwave rice... my partner didn’t believe me at first and then he tasted it and agreed.

We then had the churros, which were the saviour of the meal. They were delicious!

The service was also good.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent and the staff were so friendly and very welcoming to out 2 lively little girls who got a Mexican mask to colour in. Will defiantly go back next year.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I love Mexican food; who doesn't? But the quality does vary - unless you go to the Mex in St Ives. Over the years I have visited this little gem the food has never been anything other than excellent. And the cocktails are great too! Top marks also to the staff, who are always friendly and helpful.
And I love the fact that I could make a booking with the guy at the hardware shop next door when the restaurant was shut!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Ordered the special - ‘chicken & chorizo burrito’... absolutely beautiful, fresh ingredients, perfectly and pleasantly spiced. Good service and lovely ambience.

Really good portion size, relieved that we didn’t order the nachos to start too!! (And yes, we have good appetites!)

Will most definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We booked the Mex for early on a Tuesday eve during the Easter holidays as we were staying in St Ives for a few days and I’m extremely glad we did. It was packed at 6pm and for very good reason. The decor is super colourful and the waiting staff friendly and attentive. The food was absolutely delicious with a decent kids choice too. I had the fish tacos and an orange and avocado salad. Everything was super tasty and fresh with just the right amount of spice to make it interesting.
My husband had chicken fajitas which also went down a treat.
Our jug of Margarita was most welcome too!
Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this restaurant, you won’t be disappointed.